Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging locations near Granby / Bromont, Quebec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks,

Planning a trip from Ottawa to the Granby Zoo and have looked for charging locations in Granby or Bromont on recargo and plugshare without much luck. Anyone know of any in the area. Can be hotels as well since I will be booking 2 night stay.

So did the trip and saw that someone had updated Plugshare with a Bromont location near the airport. I didn't end up going there, as the hotel I was staying at in Granby did have a standard 120V outlet, which I also added to Plugshare. Interesting to note that the person working at the hotel who was called down to show me where to plug in had a deposit down for the Model X.

The trip back through Montreal was a little delayed as the hotel I selected to stay based on the Sun Country Highway website (Best Western Laval) did not have the charger installed and do not plan to do so in the future. Something about having to pay for the charger and install and set aside rooms for Sun Country Highway...

Luckily, I was able to drop off the car at the Tesla Service Centre and charge up there for a few hours while we hung out at the pool in the hotel. Kids ended up having more fun in the pool than if we had been able to charge at the hotel overnight and drive around town!

The trip back through Montreal was a little delayed as the hotel I selected to stay based on the Sun Country Highway website (Best Western Laval) did not have the charger installed and do not plan to do so in the future. Something about having to pay for the charger and install and set aside rooms for Sun Country Highway...

You have to watch it with the Sun Country map; any charger shown in yellow is not installed yet. Best to call ahead in any case.