Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New London Showroom - Westfield Shepherds Bush

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

malcolm

Nov 12, 2006
...according to this Knight Frank document from July, the site is in Westfield Stratford City, part of the Olympic Park development:

http://www.knightfrank.co.uk/resources/commercial/brochure/retail-in-detail----26-july-2013.pdf

http://www.retail-week.com/property...pen-store-in-westfield-london/5051374.article

http://uk.westfield.com/stratfordcity/getting-here/

Tesla did use the location over a year ago for a Roadster event: http://www.teslamotors.com/event/roadster-experience-westfield-stratford-city

No confirmation as yet regarding the new showroom.

...according to this Knight Frank document from July, the site is in Westfield Stratford City, part of the Olympic Park development:

http://www.knightfrank.co.uk/resources/commercial/brochure/retail-in-detail----26-july-2013.pdf

http://www.retail-week.com/property...pen-store-in-westfield-london/5051374.article

Do you have other reason to believe it's in Statford? Your linked pages both say "Westfield London" which usually means the one in White City/Shepherd's Bush rather than the one in Stratford.

There is an EVent going on in Westfield Stratford this weekend.

There is a Model S there...

BSiFMN2IQAA89D-.jpg

and coming soon at Westfield Shepherds Bush...

BSSrBaKIMAE75ld.jpg

Personally I don't think the Westfield Shopping Centre is going to attract the sort of crowd that Tesla wants for the Model S.

Personally I don't think the Westfield Shopping Centre is going to attract the sort of crowd that Tesla wants for the Model S.

I agree, but perhaps they are going for a numbers game at the moment? Just get as many people talking about Tesla, and hopefully word will spread.

Personally I would have also put a store in Cheapside in The City, more people with money to spend, plus tourists. But most important, I can then go in every lunchtime and have a browse :biggrin:

Yes the car at Stratford was a LHD American spec one.

It was sure attracting a lot of attention. Lot's of the usual "where's the engine?" questions but a few more knowledgeable people were there too. When asked how much, the stock answer was "no official UK pricing yet, but starting at about £55,000 based on the Euro price".

I spent about an hour chatting with the UK Tesla guys. The story was that there was supposed to be a big 5 day EVent at the mall, with a test track on the outside. Then it all fell through, but Tesla and Renault still showed up. People were also giving the Zoe a lot of love.

Apparently they got a few more reservations and genuine expressions of interest than they were expecting from Stratford (I saw a couple happen). Nevertheless, they are confident that the West London store will attract a lot of prospective buyers.

20130826_143321-1.jpg

20130826_152214.jpg

20130826_153523.jpg

20130826_171052.jpg

Every single one of these spaces has an EVSE, and the floors above were pretty empty. Zoe, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE, ICE.

20130826_165259.jpg

I was pretty disappointed with the Renault set-up. One of the guys is a friend who lives and breaths EVs and was doing a bit of moonlighting for them. However, all the others there were just hired in local help who didn't have a clue. When I was chatting with my friend and the stand got busy, not one of the others lifted a finger to go and talk to the crowd. It's not going to sell a lot of cars.

Last edited:
Went by Tesla Westfield today.
Typical storefront as already seen in the USA. But they're not open yet. Did meet with the Maidenhead guys yesterday and told me to expect it open later this month.
In the meantime, here are pics of Westfield mall.
I could not determine where the Model S had been parked. But the location in the mall was VERY good.
Immediately to the right after you came out of the car park.

- - - Updated - - -

Consistent with problems with being ICE'd in the USA, the UK has its own problems ...
The car park at Westfield is enormous. Three levels. Each level has 10 EV parking bays with hookups. I was unable to determine the hook up type as to open them required the swipe of a card I do not have.
But as you can see from the photos, the public's ambivalence is as prevalent as we've seen elsewhere.
Not one EV.

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 411
  • IMAG0118.jpg
    IMAG0118.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0119.jpg
    IMAG0119.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 422
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    IMAG0121.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 393
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 373
Me too :)

Was hoping that Elon would have a UK price list with him when he arrives, but if he does, either he hasn't told anyone at Tesla UK about it, or he has them under pain of death for talking about it!

I'll be there too. Went to the test drive yesterday in Savill Court hotel near Wednesday so my wife could experience a drive in the Model S. Word was that prices will be finalised and out before Christmas but they are hoping sooner than that. Availability of RHD cars is basically dependent on getting commercial set up sorted in Japan, Hong Kong and Australia. They expect the first production run to be delivered probably April time frame (Signatures) and then the next run to deliver a total of somewhere around 500 cars by end June.

My wife took delivery of her Zoe on Friday last week so we drove the the event in that which made me feel quite virtuous! The comment above about the Renault stand is completely consistent with our experience of Renault form our pre-reservation through to delivery. It's a real shame because the car is actually a great little car and if marketed properly would go a long way to getting EV's going to a broader set of the population that aren't necessarily "in the market" for a Model S