Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Other Tesla (car) sites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fancy working on something together?

Gents,

I look after the PlanetTesla.com site and wondered if you might fancy working together?

It's clear that you've built up a great site with a strong following. We've just started out but have chosen a more community, 'bloggy' than forum model for the site; we have WIKI's that members can update dedicated group sites with their own media galleries, blogs and forums for clubs that can be managed independantly as well the trusty forums.

Let me know, I'd love to work with you to help build on your foundation.

Regards,
Michael

[email protected]

My goal with PlanetTesla was to push Battery-Electric as a viable technology; we have the engineering ingredients, we have the battery technology on the bench and the will to change from people like us. I started the site a few weeks ago after playing with ‘BurnSparks.com’ for a while with two friends of mine.

I was thinking along the lines of helping to build TeslaMotorsClub “2.0”; start with a prototype; create a site with the same technology as PlanetTesla. Create groups to represent the current groups; assign owners if there are people to do that. Grow out the WIKI side. Create a News Blog for up-to-date information and finally back fill the forums and member data from TeslaMotorsClub

Ultimately, we can forward both domain names to the same site and/or add a newer name?

If I had a grand plan it would be to create a site that was the repository for all things Tesla outside of the company itself.

As for the mechanics;
I’m not sure who you host with today, if they can support .NET/MSSQL but I can certainly bring the hosting; PlanetTesla is just another Win2k8 server Vm on the side of my existing servers.

I don’t know if you’re making anything from the ad revenue beyond covering hosting costs; again, for me hosting is fairly free if that can be! We can figure how that might work going forwards.

FYI, My background is in IT, however, in recent years I’ve migrated to the US (from the UK) and into Marketing technology and am very interested in broadcasting.

Feel free to give me a call on 1 sixfoursix seventwotwo 9211... but not during this weeks Top Gear!

MPT

All these Tesla Sites

I didn't see mentioned the Tesla Owner's Site we have at TM.com. Of course, it is not for Non Owners, but when I was granted access, I immediately felt that this forum was far more interesting and informative. And anyone can read it, which makes it more valuable to even the new owners and those lookinig to find out what they can about Tesla products.

I didn't see mentioned the Tesla Owner's Site we have at TM.com. Of course, it is not for Non Owners, but when I was granted access, I immediately felt that this forum was far more interesting and informative. And anyone can read it, which makes it more valuable to even the new owners and those lookinig to find out what they can about Tesla products.

Agreed!

The owner's site over at Tesla Motors suffers from no mods and only a few regular posters. Zak or Ted contribute about 3 or 4 times a year.