Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Windows Phone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed last night that there's a new Tesla app for Windows Phone made by "Castores productions" called Tesla Companion. I don't know if the person who made it is on here or not, but it's got a really nice design. It looks like the app for the other devices. I'm not sure if it has more or less functionality than Andy's Tesla Connect app since his app won't let me see the controls since my car is still almost 2 weeks from delivery and not in production yet. It seems to have all the functionality from what I can tell though: lock/unlock, flash lights, honk horn, set climate control, see where the car is located, charge status, and set charging preferences. I just figured I'd let the other few people who have a Tesla and a Windows Phone know about it. :)

Tesla Companion for Windows Phone has everything that is included in the official App for Android and iPhone other than location in real-time, real-time location will come in the in the next update (about 2 weeks from now since the app has to pass Microsoft certification again), also will include improved graphics like sunroof and others and few UI glitches fixed.

Also will include a new feature that is not in the official App, please feel free to test it and provide feedback about it.

Tesla Companion for Windows Phone has everything that is included in the official App for Android and iPhone other than location in real-time, real-time location will come in the in the next update (about 2 weeks from now since the app has to pass Microsoft certification again), also will include improved graphics like sunroof and others and few UI glitches fixed.

Also will include a new feature that is not in the official App, please feel free to test it and provide feedback about it.

You and Andy Himberger should work together on one Tesla super app. :)

You and Andy Himberger should work together on one Tesla super app. :)

By the author "Tesla Connect" is a more Metro oriented application where "Tesla Companion" will take the more traditional approach with customized GUI, it is good to have different choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, a Windows Store app in on the design phase, it will bring much more features that the phone version since allows to run background tasks which can periodically do certain tasks that can't be done on the phone unless the application is active of course.

castor has done a fantastic job with this new app. It's fast, complete, elegant - highly recommended.

ahimberg has done a great job too, and has some additional features - it's nice to see some friendly competition in the WP Tesla App space!

We have detected that Tesla Companion current version 1.0.0 has some problem during the login process on some phone.

The issue has been resolved and an update was sent to the store plus new features, the update may take a week since has to pass certification again.

However we have a Tesla Companion Beta program where we have the latest and coolest features always available, you have the option to provide feedback and make a difference for the next update.
If you wish to participate on the Beta please let me know.

Also we are working on Internalization and are we looking for users who are willing to translate the user interface in different languages, especially we are looking for users that speaks Norwegian natively.

Thanks,
Castor.

We have detected that Tesla Companion current version 1.0.0 has some problem during the login process on some phone.

The issue has been resolved and an update was sent to the store plus new features, the update may take a week since has to pass certification again.

However we have a Tesla Companion Beta program where we have the latest and coolest features always available, you have the option to provide feedback and make a difference for the next update.

Also we are working on Internalization and are we looking for users who are willing to translate the user interface in different languages, especially we are looking for users that speaks Norwegian natively.

Thanks,
Castor.

Hi. I can help with the Norwegian translation. PM me and I'll help out as much as possible. :smile:

Thanks,
Castor.
I can help with the Dutch version...

Just wanted to chime in and say this app looks way too cool and can't wait for my car to be here :)
I'd also pay for an SurfaceRT (8.1) version, especially if it allows scheduling.
Why is scheduling on the Windows Phone version not an option? Are background tasks that difficult/battery consuming?