Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Model S Base $1,170 Price Increase 8/1/13 ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member Ufrugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trinity, FL
    Posts
    33

    Model S Base $1,170 Price Increase 8/1/13 ?

    Looks like the base price for the Model S has increased by $1,170. Pricing for base 60 is $63,570 and the 85 is now $88,570 (both prices before $7,500 credit).

    Is this perhaps a sign that new features, other than software/map updates, are in the works? Maybe some of the parking sensors and heated seats may finally start appearing in the US? I'm optimistic that that is the case, instead of some sort of catch-up pricing due to misjudging maintenance/warranty work.

  2. #2
    Member ModelS8794's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufrugger View Post
    Looks like the base price for the Model S has increased by $1,170. Pricing for base 60 is $63,570 and the 85 is now $88,570 (both prices before $7,500 credit).

    Is this perhaps a sign that new features, other than software/map updates, are in the works? Maybe some of the parking sensors and heated seats may finally start appearing in the US? I'm optimistic that that is the case, instead of some sort of catch-up pricing due to misjudging maintenance/warranty work.
    Pretty sure that's just the delivery and doc prep fees.
    P8794 | Vin 3440 | delivered Jan 22

    85 kwh non-perf, grey exterior, black leather, obeche matte, pano roof, premium sound, tech, air suspension, kids seats, 19" wheels, and a partridge in a pear tree (due bill item)

  3. #3
    Model S - P4676
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS8794 View Post
    Pretty sure that's just the delivery and doc prep fees.
    That's true. Tesla needs to fix their design studio to make this more clear.
    P4676, VIN 3898, 60kWh, Blue, Tan Leather, Piano Black, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, Tech Package, Supercharging, Dual Chargers
    Delivery Window: 1/27/13-2/10/13
    Factory pickup on 2/1/13!

  4. #4
    Junior Member Ufrugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Trinity, FL
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS8794 View Post
    Pretty sure that's just the delivery and doc prep fees.
    That may be the case, but their website currently shows both prices. If you click on 'Options & Pricing' it shows the 60 as $62,400, but when you click on 'Order' it shows the $63,570 cash price.

    Also, just heard from a friend of mine who was called yesterday by Tesla. He had place a deposit but had not ordered yet and they were asking for him to place a reservation to avoid the price increase.

    Is adding delivery & doc fees to the base price a new practice? I had not read that and my apologies if it was already discussed on the forum.
    Tesla Investor/Enthusiast & hopefully a future Model X and GenIII owner

  5. #5
    Model S - P4676
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufrugger View Post
    Is adding delivery & doc fees to the base price a new practice? I had not read that and my apologies if it was already discussed on the forum.
    It's not. They've always charged for that on top of the base price. From my MVPA:

    Tesla Personal Delivery: $990
    Final inspection, prep, and coordination: $180

    There's actually no doc fee in that. There are also lines on the MVPA for "Vehicle License Fee", "Registration, Transfer, and Titling Fees", "California Tire Fee", and "Other", which are in addition to everything else. These are dependent on your locality.
    P4676, VIN 3898, 60kWh, Blue, Tan Leather, Piano Black, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, Tech Package, Supercharging, Dual Chargers
    Delivery Window: 1/27/13-2/10/13
    Factory pickup on 2/1/13!

  6. #6
    mod squad NigelM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    8,789
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufrugger View Post
    Also, just heard from a friend of mine who was called yesterday by Tesla. He had place a deposit but had not ordered yet and they were asking for him to place a reservation to avoid the price increase.
    That's probably this: On-Hold-quot-orders-subject-to-new-pricing-after-August-1st

    - - - Updated - - -

    BTW, I added a question mark to the thread title. AFAIK there's no price increase but it looks like the delivery and prep fees.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Ufrugger View Post
    That may be the case, but their website currently shows both prices. If you click on 'Options & Pricing' it shows the 60 as $62,400, but when you click on 'Order' it shows the $63,570 cash price.
    Which is exactly what shows it isn't a price increase. "Options and Pricing" show the base price, but when you click order it adds in the other fees. These fees have been added on since Tesla first started selling the Model S.
    Res seq #12535, 85kWh non-perf, Grey/Grey/Obeche matte, Tech; Delivered 2/20/13

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,796
    base price staying the same but the other options are going up in price too AFAIK
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (04/11/14): 44,500mi , Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | 19" std rims | Goodyear | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air Susp | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermarket: XPEL Ultimate PPF | 3M Crystalline 40% | Madico Charcool 20%

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Albany, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    213
    Word from a Tesla employee today was that a price increase is just around the corner as well as rear parking sensors options and retrofit for MS's with Tech Pkg.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PokerBroker View Post
    Word from a Tesla employee today was that a price increase is just around the corner as well as rear parking sensors options and retrofit for MS's with Tech Pkg.
    Are people subject to the price increase if they put in an order now but don't confirm it?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Model S 21" wheel price increase?
    By techmaven in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-16-2013, 04:05 PM
  2. Price Increase
    By jpwe10 in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 06:48 AM
  3. Is the base price $62,400 or $63,570?
    By brianstorms in forum Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:28 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 10:40 AM
  5. Replies: 271
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 08:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •