Thread: Model S Base $1,170 Price Increase 8/1/13 ?

Model S Base $1,170 Price Increase 8/1/13 ?

Looks like the base price for the Model S has increased by $1,170. Pricing for base 60 is $63,570 and the 85 is now $88,570 (both prices before $7,500 credit).

Is this perhaps a sign that new features, other than software/map updates, are in the works? Maybe some of the parking sensors and heated seats may finally start appearing in the US? I'm optimistic that that is the case, instead of some sort of catch-up pricing due to misjudging maintenance/warranty work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufrugger View Post
    Looks like the base price for the Model S has increased by $1,170. Pricing for base 60 is $63,570 and the 85 is now $88,570 (both prices before $7,500 credit).

Is this perhaps a sign that new features, other than software/map updates, are in the works? Maybe some of the parking sensors and heated seats may finally start appearing in the US? I'm optimistic that that is the case, instead of some sort of catch-up pricing due to misjudging maintenance/warranty work.
    Pretty sure that's just the delivery and doc prep fees.
    P8794 | Vin 3440 | delivered Jan 22

85 kwh non-perf, grey exterior, black leather, obeche matte, pano roof, premium sound, tech, air suspension, kids seats, 19" wheels, and a partridge in a pear tree (due bill item)

Model S - P4676
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS8794 View Post
    That's true. Tesla needs to fix their design studio to make this more clear.
    P4676, VIN 3898, 60kWh, Blue, Tan Leather, Piano Black, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, Tech Package, Supercharging, Dual Chargers
    Delivery Window: 1/27/13-2/10/13
    Factory pickup on 2/1/13!

Quote Originally Posted by ModelS8794 View Post
    That may be the case, but their website currently shows both prices. If you click on 'Options & Pricing' it shows the 60 as $62,400, but when you click on 'Order' it shows the $63,570 cash price.

Also, just heard from a friend of mine who was called yesterday by Tesla. He had place a deposit but had not ordered yet and they were asking for him to place a reservation to avoid the price increase.

Is adding delivery & doc fees to the base price a new practice? I had not read that and my apologies if it was already discussed on the forum.
    Tesla Investor/Enthusiast & hopefully a future Model X and GenIII owner

Model S - P4676
    Is adding delivery & doc fees to the base price a new practice? I had not read that and my apologies if it was already discussed on the forum.
    It's not. They've always charged for that on top of the base price. From my MVPA:

Tesla Personal Delivery: $990
    Final inspection, prep, and coordination: $180

There's actually no doc fee in that. There are also lines on the MVPA for "Vehicle License Fee", "Registration, Transfer, and Titling Fees", "California Tire Fee", and "Other", which are in addition to everything else. These are dependent on your locality.
    P4676, VIN 3898, 60kWh, Blue, Tan Leather, Piano Black, Air Suspension, Pano Roof, Tech Package, Supercharging, Dual Chargers
    Delivery Window: 1/27/13-2/10/13
    Factory pickup on 2/1/13!

Blog Entries
    Also, just heard from a friend of mine who was called yesterday by Tesla. He had place a deposit but had not ordered yet and they were asking for him to place a reservation to avoid the price increase.
    That's probably this: On-Hold-quot-orders-subject-to-new-pricing-after-August-1st

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I added a question mark to the thread title. AFAIK there's no price increase but it looks like the delivery and prep fees.

That may be the case, but their website currently shows both prices. If you click on 'Options & Pricing' it shows the 60 as $62,400, but when you click on 'Order' it shows the $63,570 cash price.
    Which is exactly what shows it isn't a price increase. "Options and Pricing" show the base price, but when you click order it adds in the other fees. These fees have been added on since Tesla first started selling the Model S.
    Res seq #12535, 85kWh non-perf, Grey/Grey/Obeche matte, Tech; Delivered 2/20/13

base price staying the same but the other options are going up in price too AFAIK
    P85. VIN05837. Mileage (04/11/14): 44,500mi , Black | Tan Leather | Perf Seats | Obeche Glossy | 19" std rims | Goodyear | Pano | Tech | Sound Studio | Air Susp | Spoiler | Parcel Shelf | Twin Chargers | HPWC | Fog | Extended Trim | Alcantara | Premium Lighting, Aftermarket: XPEL Ultimate PPF | 3M Crystalline 40% | Madico Charcool 20%

Word from a Tesla employee today was that a price increase is just around the corner as well as rear parking sensors options and retrofit for MS's with Tech Pkg.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerBroker View Post
    Word from a Tesla employee today was that a price increase is just around the corner as well as rear parking sensors options and retrofit for MS's with Tech Pkg.
    Are people subject to the price increase if they put in an order now but don't confirm it?

Thread Information