Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model C - coupe concept renderings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few Tesla fans out there have been discussing the possibility of a coupe variant of the Model S. I thought I would offer up my interpretation to the Tesla collective. I've read some of the comments and critiques on the other coupe renderings and done my best to incorporated solutions to previous concepts, such as what to do about huge coupe doors, and the long overall length. Given Tesla's flare for creating pragmatic, yet innovative door designs, such as the now-famous 'Falcon-Wing' doors on the Model X, it seemed logical to me that Tesla would likely opt for a split-door design much like the Mazda RX-8, so this is what I went with. I approached this much in the same way BMW creates 6-Series coupe with the 5-Series platform. I wanted to retain as much of the emerging Tesla design language as possible, while bringing out a classic coupe shape. I traded the hatchback for a pronounced trunk deck lid, for a balanced coupe profile with the entire cabin space sitting within the wheelbase. A lot of people like hatchbacks better, and I like them too -- but they aren't energy efficient. Especially in cold climates, it's nice to keep the car warm while loading up the trunk! I hope some of you like my renderings. Enjoy :^)

RR quarter view - Coupe compared to Sedan
Tesla Model C concept by TJC (RR view).jpg

Side profile view - Coupe compared to Sedan
Tesla Model C concept by TJC (side view).jpg

That would look awesome! Take a try at some other models like Model E (economy) Model T (pick up truck)

Thank you. I'm glad you like it! I'll try working on a Model E and T at some point because it sounds like a lot of fun. Based on other comments I've read, you aren't alone in wanting to see a Tesla pickup. I'm also interested in rendering a smaller, BMW 1-series or 3-series sized coupe, and a new generation Roadster (perhaps called Model R?)

I am really excited to see how Tesla Motors' lineup expands to meet demand for all types of vehicles. I think these forums are important to help spread design ideas because it can only help Tesla succeed in their long-term vision to make every car on the road electric. Elon and the Tesla design team are extremely astute to public opinions, so I would guess Elon and his team are always watching the Web for opinions from the public on products Tesla loyalists and potential customers would like to see emerge from their factory in the near future.

Well once they get a economy version out I know of at least 50 people that want one or two. I know in just my family there will be 4 plus our S and when it's made a pickup. In my business we will get 5-10 pickups. The owner of the largest taxi company is looking at getting 10 MS and if he likes the economy car he is wanting to get 300 of them just for this location and he owns 11 locations

It looks great, but those half doors would stop me from buying it. With trucks the half doors work because they are a compromise, a kind of, every so often you need the extra space so you deal with them sort of thing. With a car, the back door needs to be opened without opening the front door. Opening the drivers side door to load and unload kids all day long would be a pain.

It looks great, but those half doors would stop me from buying it. With trucks the half doors work because they are a compromise, a kind of, every so often you need the extra space so you deal with them sort of thing. With a car, the back door needs to be opened without opening the front door. Opening the drivers side door to load and unload kids all day long would be a pain.

Sounds like you need a sedan not a coupe. Buy the 4 door instead :)

Tesla Model T (Pickup) ... any Suggestions for design features?

In my business we will get 5-10 pickups.

Hi Towman26, (or any other readers) ... do you have any suggestions or specific features the truck should include to be optimal for contractors who need work trucks? Shall this be a full-size truck with a standard length open bed? I've begun to experiment with Tesla Model T pickup designs and it quickly becomes clear that the real challenge unique to conceptualizing a pickup using Tesla design philosophies, is how to make it function as a practical pickup, while also incorporating Tesla's trademark sleek, low-drag shape. Most pickups are boxy and tall, which seems practical for the job they perform, yet they fight the wind with so much frontal area and vertical surfaces. Since this would be a pickup powered by lithium ion cells, this becomes more than just an aesthetic choice for an electric vehicle for which sleek design is sculpted to maximize the battery range.

The owner of the largest taxi company is looking at getting 10 MS and if he likes the economy car he is wanting to get 300 of them just for this location and he owns 11 locations

I have similar questions for what parameters would make an ideal Tesla economy car to use as a taxi cab. Minivans seem to be gaining popularity as cabs, I once rode in a Scion xB cab. What about a smaller version of the Model X suv, maybe about the size of a Ford C-Max? (but without all the headliner recall problems)

Any helpful suggestions are welcome. Once I have a concept, I will start a new topic for the Tesla Pickup and Tesla Taxi (probably a topic called "Tesla Commercial Vehicles" or "Tesla work vehicles")

The Tesla platform offers an array of possibilities . . . but not all of them should be built.
Hahahahaha
Please refer to the thread: How about a TESLA Motors Camper?

I would not do away with the idea... perhaps we get caught up in current TESLA high-end vehicles to discard other possibilities... I can perfectly imagine a future TESLA Recreational Utility Vehicles Division... why not?

Regards

I think I can help. Perhaps the utility of the split-door is missed on you only because you are thinking of it as though it were a rear door on a sedan, but half the size of a standard door, and so only half as useful for a car with frequent back-seat use. For coupe drivers, the small back seats are considered "just-in-case" to discourage people from bumming rides (if you don't believe me, just go try to fit in the back of a Porsche 911, or a Nissan 370Z hehe.) The real reason split-door designs on coupes and trucks exist is to solve the problem of allowing easy back-seat access to dump or grab your stuff (not usually used to reach in to buckle up kids) -- yet without having huge coupe doors winging into parked cars. The split-door design is effectively a front door which opens wider, and unlike 4-door designs, there no B-pillar, hinge or door in the way (relocating things from front to back in sedans is always a hassle for this reason). Split doors are not really a door plus a "half-door" really, but more like a large front door that you can open in tight parking spaces, to allow one huge unobstructed opening on the side of the vehicle to easily access the back seat storage area :wink: