Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What color is the black interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know. That sounds like a stupid question. But, my model S P85 has arrived at the service center and I have just been told that the headliner and pillars are tan alcantara. It was explained further that ALL P85's come with tan in the cockpit, regardless of what color interior was ordered. Is this true? I would like to know from others what your experience has been. Thanks.
Maury

I agree with you completely. I also think it should be made clear by their employees and should be readily visible on the web site.

Yes. I wasn't very happy about the tan(gets filthy fast) when I took delivery, but what does one do? The drivetrain part of the car is awesome, some of the rest of it, not so much.

I agree with you completely. I also think it should be made clear by their employees and should be readily visible on the web site.

please tell me where it is not clear? there is not a single interior shot of the car that does not show this! so if you buy a car and configure it on the website or in a TESLA store (same thing) how can it not be clear that the headliner is light beige tan?

then if you don't like it that's another question but you are certainly made aware before you press the order button.... :)

All of the pics on the website show the tan headliner and pillars. That is why many on this site go with the gray interior on the P series (the piping matches exactly). Also a reason why many specifically don't like the mandatory red piping on the black (too bad). If there is anything that needs to be improved, it is the color options, but you can still find a few that work well.

please tell me where it is not clear? there is not a single interior shot of the car that does not show this! so if you buy a car and configure it on the website or in a TESLA store (same thing) how can it not be clear that the headliner is light beige tan?

then if you don't like it that's another question but you are certainly made aware before you press the order button.... :)

Tesla's site is pretty clear. No matter how you configure the interior leather colors, the headliner does not change, and always shows the tan roof line , though it would probably help to put it into words too. Maybe add a 3D 360 panning view.

If we're talking about the same thing, I'm pretty sure it's cream colored not tan. The cream color aligns with the Sig white leather much more than it aligns with the tan leather. So much so that it was in my PRO column for the white seats vs. the black.

Not sure how this could be a shock to anyone. When you build your vehicle and select your interior color, the headliner is clearly cream. When you reserve, the rendered photos of your interior order also show a cream headliner. Then, after your order is finalized and being built, clicking the View Design button brings up a PDF file along with an interior photo which, again, shows a cream headliner. So there is no way anyone could be surprised unless they ordered this vehicle with their eyes closed. I love the cream headliner even with a black interior. Combined with the pano roof, the car looks uber spacious inside and not the typical black, claustrophobic cave that it can sometimes resemble.