Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current differences between US and EU version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can go to one of the European Tesla sites and run through the configurator and you will see some of the additional options (above the ones available in the US).

As a side note, I saw the Tesla facility in Tilburg, the Netherlands where most of the European cars (not Norway or Switzerland I was told) cars will be assembled. I didn't get to see it from the inside but the facility looks huge. I guess they plan to ship quite a few cars from there...

Thanks for the video link.

The EU charging port looks hideous compared to the US version - wonder what regulations forced them to ditch the nice, clean port for that?

Aligning their business with other manufacturers and providers og charging solutions.
Also the original connector wouldnt support 3 phase charging - without that they wouldnt sell well In Europe. Another thing Tesla do better than others, adapt to other markets, not just provide the same package and hope the fan base is large enough.

The EU charging port looks hideous compared to the US version - wonder what regulations forced them to ditch the nice, clean port for that?
This port enables the Model S for 3-phase charging. Think about if you have to charge from your 120V/208V grid and that you could cut the time for charging down to 1/3 when you can do it on all 3-phases.

In Europe, you can find 3x32Phases everywhere more then 3500 Station with Typ2 3x32A or 3x16A or CEE 3x16A.

- - - Updated - - -

Aligning their business with other manufacturers and providers og charging solutions.
Also the original connector wouldnt support 3 phase charging - without that they wouldnt sell well In Europe. Another thing Tesla do better than others, adapt to other markets, not just provide the same package and hope the fan base is large enough.

as Tesla did with th Roadster? still suffer the lack of 3-phase charging

Is no one going to comment on the Parking Sensors? Seems like that and the heated rear seats are the big updates to me!

To be honest, the lights look a bit tacky. Like they were placed after-market or something but other than that great improvements. When will these hit the US?

To be honest, the lights look a bit tacky. Like they were placed after-market or something but other than that great improvements. When will these hit the US?

So I just went out to the garage and checked. My car has all of the lights shown on the video, including the lights on the bottoms of the doors and in the front and rear footwells. I had not noticed the door bottom lights before, and assumed the light on the ground I was seeing was from the handle lights.

So I just went out to the garage and checked. My car has all of the lights shown on the video, including the lights on the bottoms of the doors and in the front and rear footwells. I had not noticed the door bottom lights before, and assumed the light on the ground I was seeing was from the handle lights.

And why do we pay extra for it then?

I'm having trouble downloading it, the download stops after 11'774'745 Bytes of 17MB. I tried to download from multiple sites and various IPs. Is this just me, or does someone else also have problems?

This link goes to a private part of the Tesla-site, and it isn't visible to others. Could someone copy the pdf, and publish it somewhere else ? That would really be helpful..

And why do we pay extra for it then?

Well, to be fair, I did pay for the "Tech Package" which, at the time, included "Ambient Lighting" (which I understood to be the lights under the door arm rests). This thread seemed to suggest that some of this interior lighting was new and specific to the Euro-spec cars, and I knew I had the footwell lights and surprised myself to find the under door lights as well.

Oh I stand corrected about the lights. (Still think there placement/ implementation could be better but....)

But the Parking Sensors are new correct?