Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLA Model T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T... for taxi...

Hi all,
It is easy to imagine a not too far away future in which city rulers will pass legislation to promote electric public transportation, limiting access to city downtown areas to non-polluting vehicles.

Hence the need for Model T(axi)!

What should it be like... looking at the Nissan MV200 for New York,or the famous UK type taxi, we can probably conclude that they primarily need to be roomy and easily accessible, and should probably also have large panoramic windows and roofs so as to maximise driver vision and integrate passengers in the city landscape, and integrate connectivity and charging ports for paasengers...

This to me would seem like a mission for a revised Model X...

(There's about 16.000 taxis in Madrid alone where I live... and most are pretty old...)

Regards

It makes sense on a certain level. A modified Model X with a divider and bulletproof seats. The falcon wing doors and more headroom in the back would be better for a Taxi. A fast swap station could service the entire fleet and one would not have to worry about tracking which battery is theirs. And it would be the smoothest ride in town.

On the minus side, fleet vehicles are typically aggressively negotiated so there would be little profit. And why should Tesla take a cut in profitability, when they are limited by their production capability. This is a idea whose time will come, but I can't see it making too much sense today.

It makes sense on a certain level. A modified Model X with a divider and bulletproof seats. The falcon wing doors and more headroom in the back would be better for a Taxi. A fast swap station could service the entire fleet and one would not have to worry about tracking which battery is theirs. And it would be the smoothest ride in town.

On the minus side, fleet vehicles are typically aggressively negotiated so there would be little profit. And why should Tesla take a cut in profitability, when they are limited by their production capability. This is a idea whose time will come, but I can't see it making too much sense today.

Agreed