Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Paint Armor pieces included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
check photo, my car came without the pieces in blue,

just wondering if anyone else didn't get the front fenders and the other bits

MUfPeth.jpg

check photo, my car came without the pieces in blue,

just wondering if anyone else didn't get the front fenders and the other bits

I didn't get those pieces as well, and I don't believe I got the (#12) wheel well pieces either. The pieces on my lower front lip spoiler have been bubbling since day one, so when I finally get around to taking my car in for service, I'm gonna mention this too. Fortunately I live just a couple of miles from the Toronto SC.

EDIT: If I could do it over, I don't think I would have this done by Tesla. I thought it came from the factory, but they just had a guy come in to the Toronto shop and put the stuff on. For one thing, I'd have the whole hood done. I already have three stone scratches on the hood beyond where the wrap extends.

hmm that is sad news... this kit is $1000, and my last car's kit was $650 but my last car had better front facing coverage than the tesla.
im with you, if i could do this over again, i would forgo the paint armor and get a 3rd party to do it.

i looked on the Canadian website and it says the fenders ARE included but are absent on my install.

Last edited:
All those blue pieces plus #12 are missing on my car as well. I went back and forth with ownership and service center and Tesla said what I got is what is included in paint armor package. Disappointing since I justified the cost of paint armor based on the coverage it provides looking at that picture.

I had originally selected armor on my order but dropped it when I saw a number pictures that clearly showed the visible line on the hood. I opted for an after market solution that covered the whole hood and everything else that was likely to get hit with road debris. It cost about $500 more. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Fwiw, I thought only the front half of the hood was covered. Not sure why I thought that, though.

It's not surprising to me that there was inconsistency in what was actually applied since it was done at the service centers by 3rd parties. Given Tesla's immature organization, there probably was no central control over what actually happened. Hindsight is, as they say, 20/20. Sorry you guys have unmet expectations.

It seems like they should scrap the current armor option and either go to a more complete package or do nothing.