Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leather preservative

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For leather protection, I have used Hide Food, and think it is one of the best products out there. I have used it since living in England while in the military. Others have really liked Leatherique.

"Hide Food". OMG, I haven't heard that name in years. I used to have a couple of 1970 Mercedes and went through a ton of jars of that stuff.

What about the alcantara portions of the seats for us Performance folks?

"Hide Food". OMG, I haven't heard that name in years. I used to have a couple of 1970 Mercedes and went through a ton of jars of that stuff.

It is still available - many products have come since, including Zaino, Griots, Leatherique and more - most of which I have tried, but when I found out that Hide Food is still around, I immediately went back to it and have to say it seems to be as good or better than any other product I have used.

I've always used a product called 303 Aerospace protectant... It is like sunblock for your car. It had kept the interior of my previous M3 Cabrio pristine and free from sun damage for 11 years. Most car leather is sealed anyway so I find that any leather conditioners just end up drying up on the surface or wiping off on your clothes. It is also relatively inexpensive compared to specialty protectants for leather and vinyl. You will find it at most RV and truck parts/equipment retailers. If you go to autodetailer sites like Autopia, there are quite a lot of users that swear by it.

Well, Alcantara is fabric, not leather. I find it quite stain resistant. I just use a vacuum and suede brush during regular cleaning. Then use sparkling water and paper towels for stains. I've heard of people using ScotchGuard type products on it but I haven't found it necessary.

From the horse's mouth:
Alcantara® extraordinary every day

Agree with the 303 products. I also use Lexol. For long term coverage, try Gtechniq L1.

+1 for GTechniq L1..is a must if you have a light color leather trim. It blocks dye transfer from clothes to leather as well as the UV rays...very good stuff. I'm a GTechniq accredited detailer and I've been using it L1 for about a year now...clients love it...must me re-applied every 6 months..very easy to apply

+1 for GTechniq L1..is a must if you have a light color leather trim. It blocks dye transfer from clothes to leather as well as the UV rays...very good stuff. I'm a GTechniq accredited detailer and I've been using it L1 for about a year now...clients love it...must me re-applied every 6 months..very easy to apply

Is lexol a good product too? I'm having my car detailed (exterior) and asked what products they use. I haven't had anything done on the interior in terms of leather care since I got the car 2 years ago. Thanks.

Lexol is OK.

I've been using Swissvax leather cleaner on the leather and Swissvax leather milk as a finishing product. Looks very clean and smells great afterwards. I've also used Wolfgang Leather conditioner as well.

For general surface cleaning, I use DP interior cleaner.