Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very glad to see the great attendance today with such short notice. It was great to spend time with the team that installed the station and the Tesla person responsible for rolling out the SuperChargers. Being a new Tesla owner, it was also great to meet other club members. I know we did not have very much notice on the event so I look forward to meeting the other members at other events.

Oh and it looks like the location for the Orlando site is in Turkey Lake.

Thanks Scott! Hopefully the Orlando site will be the south end of Turkey Lake just off the I-4. Could be near Universal or at the Orlando Outlet Mall (there's a couple of other malls right at the junction of I-4 and the Turnpike. A little less convenient (but still ok) if it's at the Turkey Lake service plaza as that is a good 4 miles from the I-4.

OTOH, it just occurred to me that Tesla is opening a store at the Millenia Mall which is just up the road from the I-4/Turnpike junction, would make sense for the Superchargers to be located at that mall.....

Anyway, I put a question mark in the thread title only because it doesn't appear on the Tesla SC map yet. I'll let the permit detectives take it from here.....:wink:

Last edited:
Turkey Lake

Nick,
I too heard it was on the TP at FD and could be on line as early as two months pending permitting.

For those not from Orlando, there are two places with the name Turkey Lake- one near Disney/Seaworld at I-4 and 528. This is probably not it though because the other location with that name is a Turnpike Service Plaza just West of Orlando and within range of Pt St Lucie from the South and Lake City from the North. Speculation, but it would make sense to me.

Millennia Mall would make most sense as it is easily accessed from I-4 and the turnpike... and it's a great place to spend time while waiting. If it's at the Turkey Lake service stop on the turnpike, it would significantly reduce the effectiveness.

No specific information about an Orlando Supercharger other than comments about Orlando being a destination, in contrast to most Supercharger sites being at "in between" locations. There was talk of a Tesla store at the Millinea Mall (old news) and a service center in the Altamonte Springs area (new rumor). The concensus was that these would stand up by the end of this year.

There's a ton of owners in Orlando and I believe that the Millenia Mall store is due to open late Q3. Service Center is coming to the slightly less pricey neighborhood of Sanford IIRC...

The Orlando Service Center is in Longwood.

It should be opening this coming Monday, November 4th if things go right.

The address is 2300 US Highway 92, Longwood, FL 32750.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Per info the meet up today, there is one going in at Fort Drum in the Service Plaza.
Also Pompano Beach and Weston (maybe).

Nick,
I too heard it was on the TP at FD and could be on line as early as two months pending permitting.

I also have credible, but not offical information, that the Fort Drum Service Plaza on the Turnpike and Pompano Beach are being considered for locations.

Larry

When I google the Fort Drum Service plaza it seems very close to PSL. Is there a different Fort Drum Plaza than what Google Maps has?

Hi Jim,

To my knowledge there are no other Fort Drum service centers. Its possible that Tesla is not concerned about the proximity to Port Saint Lucie, but rather they are more concerned about having a Supercharger available once owners have committed to driving on the Turnpike.

I know that other forum members are in favor of Superchargers on the Turnpike, but if there were say a Supercharger station located at The Mall at Millenia it would be only about 120 miles to Port Saint Lucie and therefore a Supercharger might not be needed on that stretch of the Turnpike between Orlando and Port Saint Lucie. If Tesla decides to place a Supercharger on that stretch of the Turnpike it might only be used as redundancy to help avoid Supercharger congestion when there are more Teslas on the roads.

If you review Tesla's interactive map you'll see that there is a planned dot located in the Saint Augustine area. That dot is only about 50 miles from the existing Port Orange Supercharger and the planned Jacksonville Supercharger. Perhaps Tesla's reasoning is the same, to help avoid congestion in the future.

Larry

Wow. Weird location. Are you really sure about the address Larry? I can't see any logical reason for putting it there. Is a terrible location for the Turnpike. Doesn't even seem that great for Tampa-Daytona.

This is the service center, not the supercharger. It looks like they are taking over an old RV service center. Only about 3 miles from the Lamborghini/Bentley dealership.