Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cell phone holder: What a GREAT idea !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since getting my car I have been placing my cell phone into the passenger side cup holder of the center armrest which is fine when I am alone...but when driving with a passenger and they have a drink...there is no place to put the phone. I recently received an offer from Groupon for this product below and it just arrived today. I quickly and easily put it together and then into the center cigarette lighter (next to the USB port) and voila' ... a perfect place to put my cell phone! I highly recommend this product to any MS owner!!!

http://www.xtremecables.net/dualpowergooseneck.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures? Thanks.

These are some pretty poor pics but it should give you an idea...trust me for the $$$ you wont be disappointed!

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I would do that, but usually like to have it charging when I'm in the car. Having said that, I'm always forgetting it in the cubby!

Prior to the MS, the biggest battery drain on my phone was google maps/nav and I always charged it in the car.. Since getting the MS, I hardly use GMaps/Nav and don't need to charge so I've been putting in the side pocket by the door handle.

As to the cup holder - the problem with that is Tesla totally blew it on cup holders.

Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! USB to iPhone 5 USB OR Micro USB Charger Flexible yet Rigid TESLA Model S http://r.ebay.com/rfVLwa
Had it for 2 weeks - no complaints - sleek and functional.

I've been experimenting with one of these too, I like it. The price on eBay is somewhat high, so if anyone is interested, hang tight, I should have this on my site within the next few weeks for quite a bit less.

Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! USB to iPhone 5 USB OR Micro USB Charger Flexible yet Rigid TESLA Model S http://r.ebay.com/rfVLwa
Had it for 2 weeks - no complaints - sleek and functional.

I've been experimenting with one of these too, I like it. The price on eBay is somewhat high, so if anyone is interested, hang tight, I should have this on my site within the next few weeks for quite a bit less.

Looks interesting. Does the phone shake around as you drive?

I use a Steelie...I wasn't sure initially as you have to stick a small magnet on the back of the phone, but it turns out that I really like it, and it works great.

View attachment 26677

This is Perfect! Much less expensive than the ProClip option I was looking at, and just as elegant, if not even more so! So glad I found this post! and Amazon even has them for cheaper and they are actually in stock!

Last edited:
This is Perfect! Much less expensive than the ProClip option I was looking at, and just as elegant, if not even more so! So glad I found this post! and Amazon even has them for cheaper and they are actually in stock!

Very cool--wonder if it works with the CF interior?

Also look like you have to take iPhone out of it's case for it to work--that would be a pain?

Last edited:
Very cool--wonder if it works with the CF interior?

Also look like you have to take iPhone out of it's case for it to work--that would be a pain?

I have a bumper on my phone, so it's no big deal, the rear of the phone is already exposed, but as long as the VHB foam on the back of the Steelie 'socket' sticks to the case, it'll work. (and it sticks to almost anything).

- - - Updated - - -

I have a bumper on my phone, so it's no big deal, the rear of the phone is already exposed, but as long as the VHB foam on the back of the Steelie 'socket' sticks to the case, it'll work. (and it sticks to almost anything).

Added bonus, the 'socket' on the back of the phone has a little silicon bit of rubber in the middle of it that's perfectly thumb shaped....if you're a fiddler (i.e. need something to mess with when on a conference call, long drive, etc) then it's perfect for that. You need to use it to know what I mean. Bonus 2 is that it's a VERY strong magnet, so when I'm at the gym I just attached the phone to whatever I'm working on. It's surprising the places you can attach it to!

Just be careful to keep the your phone away from your wallet if you use a Steelie mount, as it contains a neodymium magnet.

from Nite Ize: Innovative Products

"The Steelie Magnetic Phone Socket contains a strong magnet. These magnets will NOT damage your tablet or phone. However, do not place near magnetically sensitive objects such as credit cards, pacemakers or computer hard drives. Steelie assumes no liability for damage to such objects."