Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coolant System Problem ID: 1465 - I cannot charge anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I got the error message
Coolant System Problem
Charging restricted to
ID: 1465

I am not able to charge. I think it is related to the coolant pump. Can anyone help?

I don't even know where the pump is located. I believe it is causing the constant noise from the back of the car, and there has been a lot of discussion about it here earlier:
That Little Water Pump - Page 7
But where is it?
Thanks!

I would contact [email protected]. They should be able to help, and refer you to a local service center.

OK, sorry. I'm in Trondheim, Norway, they are just starting a service center here. I was suggested by Tesla to drive the battery below 50 %, to see if that gets the charging started (sounds kind of reasonable, if only the pump is the problem it should at least allow charging if the battery is below a certain limit). If that worked, they could probably fix it next week.

About calling Tesla before posting here, if you don't want errors to be posted here, where can it be posted?

If it is of interest, I'll try to explain why I mean any information about errors with the cars should be posted on the web.
First I'd like to thank everyone that has posted info about errors with their roadster. After warranty expired it has been very helpful and saved me from purchasing a new PEM. Tesla doesn't have service centers everywhere and even if they have, it can be very expensive to have Tesla Motors repair (e.g. when they tell you that have to replace the PEM).

If I get an error with my Roadster I always search teslamotorsclub.com to see if I can find some information.

In this case, I have to let my roadster stay in the garage since my contact person from Tesla has not replied to me if my roadster can be charged or not (probably it can't). This can be a minor issue that one of the electrical engineers I know could easily have fixed.

About calling Tesla before posting here, if you don't want errors to be posted here, where can it be posted?

....If I get an error with my Roadster I always search teslamotorsclub.com to see if I can find some information.

In this case, I have to let my roadster stay in the garage since my contact person from Tesla has not replied to me if my roadster can be charged or not (probably it can't). This can be a minor issue that one of the electrical engineers I know could easily have fixed.

You are not the only one as this is often the first place I have checked. Now that I am out of warranty it WILL be teh first place I check.

Not sure this will help, but from the Tattler alert database;
1465, "HVAC: Low current pump fault"
You might wonder why the HVAC system might stop charging, but it's also used to cool the battery during charging (esp. in Range mode).
I dont hold out much hope here, but try charging in Performance mode as that does not perform much if any cooling.
I suspect though that this is a fundimental check prior to any charging, and you need to have the pump checked out.
Best of luck.

Thanks, I let the local Tesla Service Center deal with this as the battery was getting near empty. This is now 3 months ago. They fixed it and said that they had to replace a cable that probably was broken. They had to insert a new cable as the original cable was inside a duct not available. Details from the invoice:
"Cause: Controlled, and the pump for the cooland freeze is not working. Checked the wiring/harness and it only deliver 4.2 V and should be delivering 12V. Damaged wiring/harness between MHC1-27 and MHC3-27. Replaced old damaged wiring/harness with new wiring. Tested, OK."
Labor: 2.5 hours @ $ 235 = $ 587.5. In addition there is 25 % VAT here in Norway. Replacing a cable is expensive...

Car has been working very well, except that it consumes battery while being parked and not charged (it will not go to sleep), any help with that is highly appreciated.

Last edited: