Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (and other EV) sales figures for Canada, Jan-May 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Using gov't vehicle registration data as a proxy for Canadian Model S sales, we get the following numbers:
- 2012 95
- 2013 281 (through May)

This is good enough for 2nd place behind the Volt, this year.

At the risk of seeming self-serving, here's the article I wrote up about the matter:
http://www.greencarreports.com/news...canadas-2nd-best-selling-plug-in-electric-car

To make up for the above possible above self-servingness, here's the annotated dataset used for the above. It's a Google spreadsheet, and should be publicly accessible. It's mainly Canadian data, though there some US data as well as a smattering of Norwegian numbers too...
www.tinyurl.com/CanadaEVSales

Depending on community interest, I may spend a couple hundred bucks to get access to a "back catalog" of vehicle registration data, which would probably confirm the Model S as Canada's best-selling plug-in for the months of January and/or February. So, let me know if that's of interest. (Off-line, though, as there's no reason to clog the thread with yes's and no's!)

Cheers,

Matthew
(@EclecticLip)

Wow, thanks for posting this thread. I was already trying to find this information about how many Tesla Model S EV's have been bought by Canadian customers. This is really great.

You know, I am specially interested in the Tesla Model S sales numbers California (2012 + 2013). Could you help me find those figures as well?