Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross Country Rally to TMC Connect 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    I have 2 each 14-50 outlets, a 70A Roadster charger (someone needs to bring a Roadster to S adapter, or we borrow one from the Denver Service center.
    Fantastic, I have the S adapter, so we are all set there!

Peter
    P-174 VIN P01766

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetinc View Post
    Fantastic, I have the S adapter, so we are all set there!

Peter
    OK, the Roadster to S adapter reserves you a room at my house!

Quote Originally Posted by aaron.s View Post
    I am hoping that with enough superchargers, we won't even have to be charging overnight!

Aaron
    I agree that it may not be worth it to go out of your way to do overnight charges, but even 10 or 15 minutes saved is a help on a long trip. If you left Boulder with a full, over-night, range charge, then you could probably skip Silverthorne (or just stop for a token charge). If the group is large that morning leaving Boulder, some could do a minimal charge in Silverthorne and head straight to Glenwood, doing a longer charge there, while others do a longer charge in Silverthorne, to do a maximum total charge rate for the convoy that morning!

Blog Entries
    I also have a Roadster to S adapter in case it's needed ...
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Aaron and others,

Not sure if you saw the article posted by Sparky in the Supercharger thread with a map of a cross country route. Not sure if this is the planned Elon end of the year road trip route. This map could possibly be used for some early planning for the Teslive 2014 East Coast trip .

(btw, I did post somewhere, I have interest in participating, if there is a updated list someplace.)

Building the 21st century transcontinental railroad

Name:  map.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  373.6 KB
    85kWh - Green w/ Tan - Lacewood - Tech - Pano Roof - Air Suspension - Studio Sound - Delivery 6/7/13 Model X Resv. #12,007
    Blackvue 550GW - Lighted Front T - TSportline 19" Black Wheels - Suntek Matte Wrap & De-chromed thread
    All of my posts and/or pictures are copyrighted and the intellectual property of the author. Do not quote outside of Tesla Motors Club forums without my explicit consent.

Something to keep an eye on: there are 3 in my neck o the woods Blanding & Moab UT and Grand Junction CO that I have never seen on any SC plan to date, including the TM website map. Which, now that i think of it, has been my only source. If I get down there in the next couple of months or so I'll look into it.
    Makes me wonder though if this map (above) is for real.

also that leg down into AZ - Blanding to Flagstaff - 248 miles. Seems like it would have to be the longest leg of the journey. Maybe too long considering the many hills (mountains) and the possibility of severe cooold. ML
    Last edited by MikeL; 2013-09-22 at 05:59 PM.
    X res #3,660

NJPlugin, All -

If you look at my post on Page 3 from June, you'll see mine is basically the same, which I got from the supercharger map and plotted on google maps:

Cross Country Rally to Teslive 2014 - Page 3

Attachment 26496

Still a little early to plan - was thinking we could start that process towards the end of the year when we got a bit more conformation of SC locations...

Aaron
    Tesla Model S "Serenity" - P#9,094 - VIN #: 3449 (2013)
    85kWh | Blue Metalic Paint | Tech Package | Tan Leather | Obeche Matte | Panoramic Roof | 19" Wheels | Air Suspension

2013 P85+, X seq 2,318 andrewket's Avatar
    Items for Sale
    I'm crossing my fingers for a more direct route. Although I am originally from Chicago. If we end up driving through the Windy City the deep dish pizza is on me.
    P85D on order or December delivery
    Model X sequence P2,318 (gave up S476)
    Gone- Model S P85+, red/black, CF trim+spoiler, all options in 2013, 19" TST grey wheels, Reus audio

Quote Originally Posted by aaron.s View Post
    NJPlugin, All -

Still a little early to plan - was thinking we could start that process towards the end of the year when we got a bit more conformation of SC locations...

Aaron
    Totally agree. We may even need to wait until early in the spring to really understand the SC build out. BTW have dates and location been disclosed for Teslive 2014?
    P12,991 Vin 5490, 85kw, Green, Tan/Lacewood Interior, 19" wheels, Air Suspension, Tech, Sound, Pano Roof

As a Roadster owner in OH I was planning to fly out, but I might consider catching up with the caravan in Ohio if anyone is heading out alone and is interested in having a co-pilot for the trip

Quote Originally Posted by PokerBroker View Post
    As a Roadster owner in OH I was planning to fly out, but I might consider catching up with the caravan in Ohio if anyone is heading out alone and is interested in having a co-pilot for the trip
    I would imagine that could be arranged!
    P12,991 Vin 5490, 85kw, Green, Tan/Lacewood Interior, 19" wheels, Air Suspension, Tech, Sound, Pano Roof

Thread Information