Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC1K's story: Look what mail man dropped off!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay technically not a mail man....

Lmt6DbFl.jpg

Some of you must be thinking i was waiting by the window since midnight.... you would be incorrect, i've only been there since 2AM. (No actually i just heard him drive up)

vb8XRfal.jpg

3xI4oVkl.jpg

The Good...

Car arrived exactly on the date Tesla predicted for delivery (the 20th)
Jon has been super helpful with questions and replied to emails on weekends (i generally dont expect anyone to work on weekends but Jon has gone above and beyond)
Car is ridiculously fast, i have to be careful since ill probably give someone a heart attack
Car is the correct model that i ordered! (no headliner issues, i have exactly what was on paper)
Turns heads, i've had bmw guys climb half out of their window driving by saying "that car is awesome", this was slightly dangerous on their part. (this was both the driver and his passenger with no one actaully in control of the car)
Sooooooo quiet
Fits in my garage! at 5M i thought i was going to have issues but its ok, ill just get used to it.
crazy trunk space
The engine regen is just PERFECT, it is everything my 6 spd wasnt, i love how the regen is so linear right down to 20kph
the option to crawl forward or not, brilliant! im used to driving stick so if i pull onto a driveway with the wheel cranked, i roll back a touch to straighten the wheel (instead of dry steering it back to straight)

The not so good...

Tesla notified me in advance that it would be dirty upon arrival because it needed the paint armor re-applied
Missing lots of the paint armor (specifically 2, 10, 11, 13, 14, 19) this is completely unacceptable considering it costs over $1000, all other cars i've had costs $250-$400 (dealer retail price)
The service center forgot to give me a charging cable, all i got were the 1772 and 5-15 adapters, (not good, i only have 350kms left on the battery)
Paint armor is bubbling! (i thought they fixed this!)
The pano roof seriously needs more thought, in vent mode its so noisy its unbearable, my genesis coupe never had this issue, i could go 180kph and it still would not be too loud.
incandescent bulbs, there really should NOT be any on this car
floor mats are laughable at best, my cheapo Hyundai came with embroidered genesis logo high quality floor mats, but this $121K CAD luxury vehicle doesn't?
rear gate is power but not front? thats kind of weird, people even asked why the front isnt powered
the steering wheel buttons are kind of cheapo, they should use good solid feeling mechanical switches (like gaming keyboards with a rated 50-100 million actuations)
both trunk lights need a little work, for the rear i recommend 3x Cree XML 10W LED's (but drive them at a lower wattage for longevity) and for the front use 2x of those XML LEDs.
Stereo.... hmm not what i was expecting but to be fair i havent heard a good factory system with the exception of the mark levinson system in the Lexus SC430
handing, everyone said it handles amazing, it... does not... its simply too heavy, but again,

Just Annoying...

the headlights, how do i permanently turn them off so they never turn on by themselves? they are so annoying, every time i drive under a bridge or drive by a shadow they turn on.
i just want to turn on the headlights when i feel i need them on, this way the HID's dont prematurely die.
i cant turn off my DRLs? (must be some stupid Canadian thing, i am missing the option)
grid lines or parking lines for rear view backup camera, it would be great if they could program in a center line, and lines for the width of the car so you can have perfect park jobs every time.

Last edited:
the headlights, how do i permanently turn them off so they never turn on by themselves? they are so annoying, every time i drive under a bridge or drive by a shadow they turn on.
i just want to turn on the headlights when i feel i need them on, this way the HID's dont prematurely die.

Headlights can be set to auto or manual on the driving screen. However, if you signed up for maintenance, light bulbs would be included. I've never found it particularly annoying--and don't really notice it.

i cant turn off my DRLs? (must be some stupid Canadian thing, i am missing the option)
Canadian law says DRLs can't be turned off by the driver.

grid lines or parking lines for rear view backup camera, it would be great if they could program in a center line, and the width of the car so you can have perfect park jobs every time.

I thought this too before I got the car. However, once you adjust the tilt of the mirrors in reverse, you use them to align the car and then use the camera to back up to where the curb or line is just at the bottom of the screen. You get perfect parking every time. The lines aren't really needed.

Headlights can be set to auto or manual on the driving screen. However, if you signed up for maintenance, light bulbs would be included. I've never found it particularly annoying--and don't really notice it.

found it in the book, the headlight setting automatically resets to Auto every time the car restarts (IE: you get in and the screens turn on), which is unfortunate. the HID bulbs are just like projector bulbs, if you don't allow them to fully cycle for each use (turn on and run for several minutes and cool down properly to shut off) the life of the bulb will be cut substantially.

oh well, cant have everything i guess... here are some more pictures

VbGq70b.jpg

Gray interior with Ultrasuede/alcantara headliner, it does clash kind of
But if i hear a single peep out of anyone's mouth about the colors ill just floor it and collapse their lungs :D

w7ulJ51.jpg

iaZT9e3.jpg

Ar1Bhu3.jpg

84foeV9.jpg

YRPGTuM.jpg