Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Tesla service centers easy to charge at?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I topped off at the Las Vegas service center before my trip home to San Diego on Monday. It appears the only charging option there is inside, so it has to be during business hours, and it probably depends on how busy they are. But the were super accommodating, and they even gave me a ride to wherever I wanted so I wouldn't have to wait around the service center. There's a Starbucks and a Taco Bell within a couple blocks, but that's about it. They have one of the old HPWCs (no fuse fix) so they only charged me at 60A.

Tiff liked it. I will post pics on another thread. Glad to hear about the service centers. They say they aren't open to the public but I doubt they would turn you away. I was able to find a 14-50 outlet at our hotel that wasn't on any of the charge sites, so I'm posting that on those too.

Glad to hear you found a charge. I called the service center ahead of time to make sure it was ok. They were not very busy though. I can imagine if their service bays had been full of cars being worked on, there would be no way for me to charge. I can't say enough how friendly and helpful they were. I think there may be other service centers with outdoor charging, but calling ahead is probably always a good idea.

Since this thread's title is somewhat generic, I'll comment on Toronto: The store at Yorkdale Mall is fairly easy to charge at as long as a slot is available. I've done so twice, although the second time I had to squeeze in to a row of other Model S cars, and they said they may have to contact me to unplug (they didn't). The SC is another matter. It is a rather small, cramped facility and the 14-50's are deep inside. I didn't see anything on the exterior walls. Unless you coud get your car in to one of the bays, you're out of luck. Maybe if you call ahead and make plans...