Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Model C"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Rolosrevenge needs your assistance. :)

One of our various "warm water discussions" was about getting Rolo in a Tesla. Given that he isn't willing to spend for a full Model S, the proposal was that he send a mock-up of the "Model C" to Elon. This would be a vehicle where you take the Model S and split it longitudinally. Use a half-sized battery pack (42.5 kWh or 30 kWh), thick rear wheels (think bat-bike from like 3 Batman movies ago), and merge the instrument cluster with the 17" display (or maybe put an 8.5" in the steering wheel).

Ok, that's the premise. Artistic forum folks, can you help? Have fun with it. Best submission gets a gold star and earns you the slot as Rolo's best friend for a week.

Thanks.

TMC.png
TMC2.png
TMC3.png
.. I had some spare time

Nice work!

Some gut reactions:
  1. Flatten the spoiler a bit, or rather broader the inverted V to an inverted U
  2. From the back it looks like 1 seat per row, from the inside it looks like 2. /confused
  3. I like the T above the glove.
  4. I like the buttons on the wheel. Clever.
  5. The overall width is about right, I think.
  6. Probably restore the full original rear diffuser, rather than the "looks like half a tailpipe" shrunken one.

Nice work!

Some gut reactions:
  1. Flatten the spoiler a bit, or rather broader the inverted V to an inverted U
  2. From the back it looks like 1 seat per row, from the inside it looks like 2. /confused
  3. I like the T above the glove.
  4. I like the buttons on the wheel. Clever.
  5. The overall width is about right, I think.
  6. Probably restore the full original rear diffuser, rather than the "looks like half a tailpipe" shrunken one.

1. My photoshop skills don't allow :smile: --- for those of you true artists that do stuff like this my hat's off to you.
2. Simply an error. I was going more for the 'holy crap that looks funny being so skinny' look, i neglected the headrest.
3. Yeah I had to find somewhere to put it!
4. Gracias
5. Perhaps
6. Yeah kinda looks like a large tailpipe a la Boxter
7. Wish I had gone to Teslive
8. I work in real estate and modifying images is not my forte.. you all are more than welcome to expand on what I have done here!

Glad you all got a chuckle out of the 2013 P30 ROLOS Special Edition Model C

Rolosrevenge needs your assistance. :)

One of our various "warm water discussions" was about getting Rolo in a Tesla. Given that he isn't willing to spend for a full Model S, the proposal was that he send a mock-up of the "Model C" to Elon. This would be a vehicle where you take the Model S and split it longitudinally. Use a half-sized battery pack (42.5 kWh or 30 kWh), thick rear wheels (think bat-bike from like 3 Batman movies ago), and merge the instrument cluster with the 17" display (or maybe put an 8.5" in the steering wheel).

Ok, that's the premise. Artistic forum folks, can you help? Have fun with it. Best submission gets a gold star and earns you the slot as Rolo's best friend for a week.

Thanks.
Why have I only discovered this thread now? So awesome! Lol.

This was exactly my first thought. Tesla should team up with Rick Woodbury from Commuter Cars and make this. If the Model C sold in Australia for about $30k, I would definitely buy it! :biggrin:

Maybe I've missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen any discussion on tackling traffic congestion on these forums. Whilst I love the Model S/X, they are large cars and having big cars (whether they are electric or not) that have 5+ seats, but with only one occupant commuting to work, is not a very efficient use of the space on our roads during peak hour times. The Tango (which is the narrow car in the bottom picture) would be awesome if it looked like the Model C mock-up you guys have done. It already seems to have a lot of the right ingredients (~4 sec 0-100km/h, low centre of gravity, etc.). Of course, I wouldn't expect 4 sec 0-100km/h from a $30k car, but I'm sure something decent could still be built for that price (if it was built in volume). :smile:

Since this thread started a bit tongue-in-cheek, I hope you all don't mind me posting this extravagant MS should Rolos ever answer the calling for the highest public office. The additional benefit is that it wouldn't cost a dime, as the taxpayer would be footing the bill. I'm picturing dual motor 840hp 900 ft-lb AWD with a 170KW good for 400 miles and capable of sub 9sec 0-60mph (20,000lbs!) I had the photoshop elements left over from the OP which made this pretty straightforward. I present the Tesla BeaSt! It could also feature the world's longest pano roof..

TMS Beast.png

Since this thread started a bit tongue-in-cheek, I hope you all don't mind me posting this extravagant MS should Rolos ever answer the calling for the highest public office. The additional benefit is that it wouldn't cost a dime, as the taxpayer would be footing the bill. I'm picturing dual motor 840hp 900 ft-lb AWD with a 170KW good for 400 miles and capable of sub 9sec 0-60mph (20,000lbs!) I had the photoshop elements left over from the OP which made this pretty straightforward. I present the Tesla BeaSt! It could also feature the world's longest pano roof..

View attachment 26739
I will make this the cornerstone of my campaign. Vote Rolosrevenge or you can't see this car.

View attachment 26739

Thread on this.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/1899-Green-Obama%92s-official-limo-is-a-gas-guzzler