Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Club Meet-Up For The Port St. Lucie Supercharger Ribbon Cutting 7/24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I am a new Tesla owner that just took delivery of my car July 3 at 6:19pm, not that I am counting the days since I had to buy gas. :) I am also new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Port St. Lucie only a few miles from the new Superchargers and go by there on a daily basis. I have been talking with Larry and have volunteered to help coordinate the meet-up for the ribbon cutting event. In a few days he will sent out a message with some of the various planned events. Before then I would like to get your feedback on a place to host a meet-up and get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending.

Potential Locations for the meet-up by the Supercharger

• TGI Fridays*
  • Starbucks
  • Moe’s
  • Panera
  • Five Guys

I have already spoken to the Managers of Starbucks and Fridays and they are both very interested in participating. Starbucks might be difficult since the location is not very large and normally finding a seat for one or two is difficult in the afternoon. Fridays will be able to block of the tables we need which should make it an easier meeting place. The other location are also good, but Friday seems like a better environment for us.

Please let me know what you think about the potential locations. My understanding is the meet-up will most likely be during the day during the week.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thank you,
Scott

Wow, just got your car and already you are hard at work ;) Makes me feel lazy...

Starbuck's is probably too small and too busy for a group meeting. One of the restaurants is a good choice since we can arrange a lunch as part of the get-together. Panera's usually has good food for those who are picky; can't speak to Friday's or the others. But convenience and comfort are the most important considerations (as well as a large parking lot).

Any dates?

Hi Scott,

Thanks for taking the lead.

One of our members just sent me this photo.

He tells me that Tesla is doing final testing today and it should be ready next week.

Another member told me earlier to expect it to be ready by July 24th. I have not received anything official from Tesla yet, but we obviously should plan for next week.

Port Saint Lucie Supercharger final inspection.jpg

Larry

I also just stopped by and heard that it will be ready next Wednesday, July 24. It's nice to see we are now getting the same date from multiple people They are told me the plan is to have the Mayor and the Governor to attend, we can see if they want to join us after. :)

Panera will not be able to block off tables for us, so unless I hear otherwise I will have something setup for us at TGIFridays. They will be very flexible there and incase anyone has dietary restrictions they do a good job of adjusting things on the menu and can even do something off the .

I look forward to meeting and charging with everyone next week.

lolachampcar - Have a great time with your delivery tomorrow. I look forward to seeing the P+ next week.

@ Scott - Thanks for putting this together, like Rob, I will admit to feeling lazy. I am really bummed that it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it, my calendar is packed up for the next little bit.

@ Lolachampcar -Congrats on the new toy, I know for certain that I don't have one on the same truck with you this time. I haven't had a chance to get in a P+ yet, so really would've loved to make it to this meet up to see it. I did notice you said "test rides" and not "test drives". Chicken! :tongue:

Confirmed: Ribbon cutting ceremony on July 24 at 10:00am

We have received official confirmation that the Port St. Lucie ribbon cutting ceremony will be on July 24 at 10:00am.

I have sent out a mass mailing to the club membership with details.

Larry

Hi Everyone,

I am a new Tesla owner that just took delivery of my car July 3 at 6:19pm, not that I am counting the days since I had to buy gas. :) I am also new to this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I live in Port St. Lucie only a few miles from the new Superchargers and go by there on a daily basis. I have been talking with Larry and have volunteered to help coordinate the meet-up for the ribbon cutting event. In a few days he will sent out a message with some of the various planned events. Before then I would like to get your feedback on a place to host a meet-up and get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending.

Potential Locations for the meet-up by the Supercharger

• TGI Fridays*
  • Starbucks
  • Moe’s
  • Panera
  • Five Guys

I have already spoken to the Managers of Starbucks and Fridays and they are both very interested in participating. Starbucks might be difficult since the location is not very large and normally finding a seat for one or two is difficult in the afternoon. Fridays will be able to block of the tables we need which should make it an easier meeting place. The other location are also good, but Friday seems like a better environment for us.

Please let me know what you think about the potential locations. My understanding is the meet-up will most likely be during the day during the week.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Thank you,
Scott
This may sound silly to you Model S people who can actually charge at the new station, but do any of the restaurants have charging stations?

We have received official confirmation that the Port St. Lucie ribbon cutting ceremony will be on July 24 at 10:00am.

I have sent out a mass mailing to the club membership with details.

Larry
Larry,
I have a conference in Orlando starting that afternoon. I would love to take my TESLA if I knew it was a definite on and I could get on the road from there by noon. I didn't get your email, hope I am still on the list. Let me know what you think.
Mark Levin

This may sound silly to you Model S people who can actually charge at the new station, but do any of the restaurants have charging stations?

Hi Jordan,

The Ft. Pierce Nissan is about 11 miles away from the Superchargers.

Check the on-line version of the Club Charging Network list. There's a participating member in Palm City that's about 16 miles from the Superchargers.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Larry,
I have a conference in Orlando starting that afternoon. I would love to take my TESLA if I knew it was a definite on and I could get on the road from there by noon. I didn't get your email, hope I am still on the list. Let me know what you think.
Mark Levin

Mark,

My sincere apologies. I know we've exchanged several emails, but somehow I didn't have you on our mailing list. :redface:

I just sent you the details.

We will be having a meetup across the street from the Superchargers at TGI Fridays. Scott hasn't posted the exact starting time, but the ribbon cutting ceremony is expected to wrap up by 11:00am so its likely the meetup will start at ~ 11:30am to around noon. I expect it will last at least two hours or more. You might have a little time to spend with us at the meetup before heading out to Orlando.

We know its going to be a good turn out, so we don't know how much of a line there will be at the Superchargers.

Larry

I was thinking of going to the ribbon cutting ceremony but I have a 60 and am coming from Miami. I will definitely have to charge up and unfortunately can't stay very long. Anyone have any idea how long a wait could be for the superchargers? I know it's not an easy question but maybe someone has attended a prior one and has some experience in seeing what type of line forms.

I was thinking of going to the ribbon cutting ceremony but I have a 60 and am coming from Miami. I will definitely have to charge up and unfortunately can't stay very long. Anyone have any idea how long a wait could be for the superchargers? I know it's not an easy question but maybe someone has attended a prior one and has some experience in seeing what type of line forms.

I'm sure those that need it most will be able to charge first. We're all in the same family, right?