Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process of adding supercharging to an S60 after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I searched the forums but couldn't find anything.

I may be running into a bit of early buyers remorse. I bought my S60 without supercharging and am wondering now if that wasn't penny smart and pound foolish.
So did anyone do the "after delivery" upgrade for $2500? What do they do for that? My understanding is that the S60 already has all the hardware on board and that this is just a software issue. Can anyone confirm from first hand experience?

I also sent an email to ownership and will share whatever they respond...

I may be running into a bit of early buyers remorse. I bought my S60 without supercharging and am wondering now if that wasn't penny smart and pound foolish.
So did anyone do the "after delivery" upgrade for $2500? What do they do for that? My understanding is that the S60 already has all the hardware on board and that this is just a software issue. Can anyone confirm from first hand experience?

Here's the official response:
You can add Supercharging to your car for $2,500. Our Field Service Engineers can enable the feature remotely, we simply need your request and payment. Please let me know if this is something you would like to move forward with.

It's just like going to a gas station. Only the credit card charge is slightly higher...

For $2,500 Tesla will change a secret setting in your software and automagically enable the feature. You already have the hardware - we all do - but it costs $2,500 to use it because Tesla has to charge you your fair share of building out the infrastructure and the free charging "for life". Free costs money, unfortunately. :)

Today, I had my first dose of EV Crack, er supercharging, and I am completely hooked. I can't imagine not being able to use an SC for a road trip. Even a 100 A HPWC looks wimpy. Is it worth 2500? Take a look at this picture and you decide...
tesla3.jpg

And how did it go?
Works perfectly. The one thing no one tells you is that the S60 charges quite a bit slower at the Supercharger than the 85s. Lower max voltage...
Still, amazingly fast and convenient (but NOT cheap... I have charged 5 times at SCs so far - i.e. $500 a charge :) )

(for the humor impaired... yes, I realize that the cost per charge will drop over time... for example to under $400 when I charge there twice tomorrow on a 320 mile road trip...
to the person giving negative reputation feedback on this... REALLY?)

Last edited: