Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida: Recommendations for Detailers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have local threads for hotels, electricians and various other things so this one is for local detailers (no advertisments allowed). Please post here if you have experience of someone you know is good and that you would recommend.

I'll kick it off with Pete Borras at fipremierdetailing.com/ in Sarasota. I've visited his place with my Roadster and he has a great studio for everything from paint corrections to Gtech detailing. He does travel up and down the SW Florida coast also doing mobile work. (Ask for a Florida Tesla Owners discount)

Also, there is a guy who regularly works at the Tampa Service Center; he did my Model S when it was in for the 12k service - It came out looking like new. I don't know his name but you can book through the Service Center.

I am sure there will be more Model S's in NE Florida soon. Devin at Keep 'Em Covered has done Xpel wraps on 3 MS's, as well as PhotoSync tint films on 2. At the time of this post, he was the only shop in the Jacksonville area able to use PhotoSync.
He and his wife, Amy, were great to work with, and his pricing was very fair. Car looks great.

Keep 'em Covered, LLC, Auto Detailing, Hilliard, FL 32046 - photo-gallery

I took the mini-road trip to Hilliard the day my MS was delivered; plenty of opportunity to learn my way around the steering wheel controls, navigation, cruise, one-pedal driving, etc on the way. Devin is moving closer to Jax in the next month or so, making this a little more convenient. And he is going to seal the Xpel on site once it has cured, saving a return trip.

FWIW, Joe @ Orinda Auto Detail just finished working on my multi-coat red (3 months old) on Saturday. Took him a day-and-a-half on what I thought was a pretty good paint finish to prep it and apply OptiCoat Pro to everything (including wheels-he dismounts them to do the back sides, all plastic and all glass--different products). It turns out that there were lots of small rubs and scratches. The car now looks truly fabulous, and I know that I now have a thick 'clear coat' to protect the otherwise very soft environmentally friendly low VOC CA compliant paint. The time involved is to properly 'perfect' the finish without removing lots of clear coat/paint. More polishing is not better, especially if you (or your 'professional') does not know what he/she is doing. I am not a paid shill, just a very happy customer. He is not cheap ($350 for full detail and prep, $300 for complete OptiCoat Pro on everything), but given the cost of my investment and the length of time I plan to drive it, I consider it good value. Side note--at any one time he has 3 Model S in his shop for him to attend to (in the East Bay of SF). He maybe has worked on 60+ Model S. And he is very willing to find you a colleague in your geographic area (if he can).

Opti guard detailing at Tampa SC

On a mobile service call the tesla guy told my wife that they use a detailer at the Tampa SC that will install opti guard(pro). He said several clients have done it and are pleased with the results.
Anyone have direct experience with install at the service center?
Experience using opti guard over the factory paint armor?
On the glass?

A fine looking Signature Tesla

1.png
2.png
3.png
5.png
4.png

Thanks Pete!

When Ben Bird delivered my Model S last December it was well prepared at the Service Center and I told him that was probably as good as it would ever look.

I was wrong.

That may have been true until last Saturday before you detailed it. Great work, both inside and out. The photos look very good, even under artifical lights, but under the bright Florida sunshine its a knockout!

Thanks again.

Larry

Thanks Pete!

When Ben Bird delivered my Model S last December it was well prepared at the Service Center and I told him that was probably as good as it would ever look.

I was wrong.

That may have been true until last Saturday before you detailed it. Great work, both inside and out. The photos look very good, even under artifical lights, but under the bright Florida sunshine its a knockout!

Thanks again.

Larry

Thank you for the kind words Larry.
It is my goal to award each and every client with the best detail service they will ever experience.