Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Misc videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
Rachel:
("PEM is just a big computer server"? "Kitchen appliances usually work on 12v"?)

(Note to Rachel: I think I would start by calling the PEM an inverter/motor-controller rather than a computer server, but whatever.
The HVAC doesn't just run on 12v... That higher voltage battery cooling compressor probably drives the A/C too.
I doubt the heater works on 12v either. Probably just the blower fan. )

Sergey:
(Needs a new NAV?)

Pylon course:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodge EV - 40 miles and REEV version?!?

YouTube - Electric cars of the future.

The car guy Phil is from CNBC and the Tesla footage is the same as in the "Big Idea" show I am still trying to get.

By the way, this morning on Good Morning America, they were live and on tape driving Coribin Sparrow/ Meyers three wheel car around NYC. I saw a glimpse of a Tesla but have not found the footage online yet. Update: Found it.

Last edited:
Dodge EV - 40 miles and REEV version?!?

Me thinks Phil got his facts jumbled. That EV likely has a much higher electric range (e.g.: 160 miles not 40), and no plans for gas generator. I think he was talking about the Minivan and/or Jeep specs but looking at the "Dodge EV".

Still hoping that the EV sports car is what they produce, not the plug in hybrids. (Assuming they stay in business to produce anything at all).

Do we have any idea what kind of batteries are in that Dodge EV?
A big pack of A123s could work well, but cost too much.

For some reason UQM calls thier controller "Brushless DC", but descriptions talk about "PWM & phase advance, 3-Phase Brushless PM". I am not sure how this differs from Tesla's AC PEM/Motor technology.

Last edited: