Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Key Fob Cover (aka FobPocket) - How To Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Updated November 28) I've updated this post with simpler instructions on how to order.

There's two versions of the FobPocket, the Classic, and Deluxe.

The Classics come in Grey, Black and Red, and can be ordered here. They are the same design I've had since I moved to a more sculpted fit that matched the Model S key, unlike the Case Logic design. Based on feedback, the dimensions have been tweaked very slightly, and the hole has been moved down a couple of mm. This provides a very snug, and secure fit, and is ideal if you want a low-profile way of protecting your key, and do not need to remove it very often. The stock on the Classics is currently limited as I'm working on sourcing from another supplier.

The Deluxe editions come in Sig Red, White, Perf Black, Blue, Camo, Green, Black 'n' White and Tie-dye, and can be ordered here. These feature a trim around the edge of the FobPocket, and a carabiner key hook. These are not quite as compact as the Classic edition, but the edging makes for a tidier look and provides additional protection.

Other Info:

• First-class shipping to US locations is still free, and if you spend more than $45, then there's a free upgrade to Priority Mail. For all other locations, shipping is at cost, it's not my goal to make any profit from shipping
  • If you have any questions, please PM me, or from the email address on the 'About Us' page.
  • I send out an occasional newsletter with updates, if you'd like to subscribe, here's the link. You can view the most recent, and previous newsletter here.
  • I'm adding other accessories that I think are useful, including USB rotators and a 3.1amp fast USB charging adaptor to help charge phones and tablets faster than the built-in USB ports. I've got a couple of other very cool accessories coming, hopefully in time for Christmas, so if you want to stay up to date, please subscribe to the newsletter.

Thanks again, Pete

All deluxe lined up_small.jpg

Last edited:
These are great! A must have product. It is well made and fits the fob like a glove. Nice that there are different color options. I went with different colors for mine and my wife's fob covers. The
ordering is easy and they ship out quickly.

Just bumping this, I've had a few PMs asking how to order, all the details are at the top of this thread.

The current stock is getting a little low for the red and grey ones, still plenty of black ones. The next batch, which should also include some blues, and maybe a couple of other variants, will be coming in a few weeks. Also working on some additional features, but they're still work in progress for now ;-)

I'm now out of stock on the red FobPockets, aside from a few 'factory seconds' that I've put up on the site. They're still perfectly functional, but the stitching isn't as symmetrical as it should be. Grey and black are still in stock.

New stock is on order, which will include a couple of new color options, and an alternative design (together with the original design). All is expected by the end of August, and those that signed up for the newsletter will get the first notification.

Thanks again, to everyone that's supported this project so far!

I heard that you might be getting some other colors in. Please keep us informed. Great product. I've got a his (blue) and a hers (red). Might be a little too traditional but it works for us....

Will do. My order flow has been a little uneven, so I'm running out of stock slightly ahead of time, as I type this I'm almost completely out of the black ones, leaving just grey. I'm trying to get a limited supply here ahead of the larger delivery, but it depends on the delivery costs/logistics. There will be a couple more color options in the next batch, plus the return of blue :)

Will do. My order flow has been a little uneven, so I'm running out of stock slightly ahead of time, as I type this I'm almost completely out of the black ones, leaving just grey. I'm trying to get a limited supply here ahead of the larger delivery, but it depends on the delivery costs/logistics. There will be a couple more color options in the next batch, plus the return of blue :)

Pete, any update on the limited supply order? Just curious as many people probably waiting for their fob covers. Thanks

I pinged my manufacturer yesterday and they indicated they're about 4 days from completion of the entire order, so it's not cost effective to split it. With the normal processing cycle, I hope to have the new stock in hand sometime next week. Things become more predictable once I get a ship notification, as soon as I have something concrete I'll post a more useful update.

I guess technically I'm on v3 of the classic design, v1 was more or less dimensionally the same as the Case-Logic design, v2 conformed more to the shape of the Model S key, and v3 just has some very minor refinements is response to some of the feedback, most notably the opening is fractionally smaller, and a little further down the FobPocket.

The Deluxe FobPockets are all new, but obviously inspired by the original design. There's other projects in the pipeline, here's another sneak peak, and no, they're not chocolates, although the idea has crossed my mind!

fob casts.jpg

I guess technically I'm on v3 of the classic design, v1 was more or less dimensionally the same as the Case-Logic design, v2 conformed more to the shape of the Model S key, and v3 just has some very minor refinements is response to some of the feedback, most notably the opening is fractionally smaller, and a little further down the FobPocket.

The Deluxe FobPockets are all new, but obviously inspired by the original design. There's other projects in the pipeline, here's another sneak peak, and no, they're not chocolates, although the idea has crossed my mind!

View attachment 29361

Looking good Pete. When they come in put a couple aside for me.....any hints on colors...or are they a surprise? :wink: Al