Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Modifications / Cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finished my planned modifications so I thought I would share my thoughts.My first mods were exterior..Got the exterior wrapped with Sun Tek PPF clear wrap by Auto Supershield in Boca.Did the front and all the doors.Left the roof and back unprotected.Also had them tint my windows with 3M Crystalline
film.Living in Florida it's a must.Finally I had my car dechromed with matte black vinyl a few weeks ago.All done by Auto Supershield.Very professional installers.I also used Roger's center cap decals.
In the interior of the car, I put in what I feel will be standard equipment or options from Tesla in the future.LLoyd luxe floor mats front back and trunk/frunks.I wanted a CCI insert also but my supervisor nixed that.Lastly, I went to Joe at Off The Hook in Coral Springs for my cameras.I felt more comfortable with cameras instead of exterior sensors so I asked Joe to put in a Mobileye system.I also wanted a dash cam and another camera so I could see curbs, etc in front of me.Joe put in a Boyo vision camera system which consisted of a dash cam with two in puts.The first input was for the standard dash cam with dvr.The second input was for the front camera below the nose cone which enables me to see curbs,etc. in front of me.This has a pressure switch on the dash which lets me turn the front camera on and off. O.T.H. also put in strip lighting in the frunk and trunk at the same time.He also ran an extra electric line to the nosecone which I'm hoping to use with an artsci lighted T in the future.

Attachments

• DSC_3053.jpg
    DSC_3053.jpg
    930.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DSC_3051.jpg
    DSC_3051.jpg
    888.9 KB · Views: 1,661
First, the nose cone is intact.No rhinoplasty..just a carbon fiber vinyl wrap...Here are some photos...Look hard and you can see the front curb camera in the mesh below the "T". The curb camera screen inside flips down to reveal the screen.There is an on/off switch for the curb camera on the dash but it's not visible.You can see the Mobileye monitor to the left of the dashboard.There are also photos of the cameras from outside the car and inside the car.I could have had the curb camera picture on the Tesla touch screen installed by a different installer for a lot more money.

Attachments

• DSC_3091.JPG
    DSC_3091.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 1,378
  • DSC_3093.JPG
    DSC_3093.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 1,358
  • DSC_3097.JPG
    DSC_3097.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,360
  • DSC_3098.JPG
    DSC_3098.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,404
  • DSC_3101.JPG
    DSC_3101.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,347
  • DSC_3099.JPG
    DSC_3099.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 1,370
Thanks so much for the pictures. Do you know the name/make/model of the curb camera you got, and does it give you a good near 180 degree view in front?

Also you mentioned someone could put the image on the touchscreen? I didn't think that was possible. Any details on how they might do that, even though you didn't get it done?

Perhaps I'm wrong but in all the photos, it looks like little dents all along the very bottom of the front bumper in the center area.

As for the cameras, I am surprised nobody hasn't decoupled the lens/CCD from the rest of the camera, essentially, making it a tiny little thing (still HD resolution) that mounts behind the rear-view mirror in the windshield but is virtually unnoticeable inside or out. Little tiny lens at the end of a cord, basically. All the electronics and recording stuff could be stuffed anywhere else, out of sight.

Yes, there are small indentations in the hard rubber bumper.Very irritating and the reason I got the cameras.The cameras in the car are pretty well hidden by the rear view mirror and don't bother me.The dual input dash cam/ front camera display is made by Boyovision by Vision Tech.I think the little camera in the grill is also made by Boyovision but not certain.I don't know how the installer would put the front camera picture on the big touch screen. The little camera does a great job of showing me the approaching curb but for 180 degrees you'l need a more elaborate set up.
BTW, the Mobileye works great.

I'm not sure what you mean about integrated.If you want something that will control the car,i.e. brake automatically or correct steering then the Mobileye isn't for you.It works great with the stated intent of warning you of hazards like veering out of your lane,etc.The warning from lane veering is turned off when you activate your turn signals so in that respect it is integrated.