Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Demonstration Event Richmond, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a lurker that is interested in Model S' in VA. I read about all the owners in Richmond, and Central Virginia but haven't seen ANY in Virginia Beach. Kind of surprised.It is nice to see sales there despite state government being anti-Tesla.

Has anyone tried to reach out to VA Clean Cities for information? If not, I can. We need to gain some momentum on this. David and I will definitely be there. I'm putting it on the calendar now.

I did on 17th morning. He knew about the event and the company and its EV but told me that they do not have any details (either it is for car or supercharger) other than it is being requested/hosted by TM representative. He took my phone and email to send information as soon as they get more details.

I sent emails to VaCleanCities but no response. I contacted a Tesla rep and he said it is most likely a supercharger announcement (though he cannot confirm). He also noted the supercharger announcements are very tightly held and controlled by Tesla. Looking at the Supercharger page, you will note the Richmond area supercharger is grey in the Summer of 2013, and red (meaning live) in the fall of 2013.

We're about a week away from this event. Anyone hear anything new?

I just called one of the numbers listed on the newsletter link and the event is a Tesla Test Ride event at Richmond International Raceway. It's doubtful that this is supercharger related but I'd be happy to be wrong.

Last edited:
photo.PNG

Mystery solved.

Is this an open event, or by invitation only? Is it an official Tesla event? My salesperson in D.C. didn't know anything about it.

It is not a Tesla sponsored event according to headquarters. Most likely some Tesla owners getting together for this. My guess would be to spread awareness to legislators in VA since their laws on selling autos direct to consumers is backwards.

I'm not sure if it's invitation only.