Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Obama’s official limo is a gas guzzler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just heartened to have a president's name and the description "Green" attached.

How about this? Require that all US Government vehicles be replaced in two years with electric versions. Also, make State and Local government want to follow suit with Fed incentives. (perhaps offer huge incentives for all corporate fleets over 500 cars)
That breaks the chicken/egg cycle. Now automakers have buyers. No more excuses. Build the cars, the infrastructure, and the public will get on board.

Carbon fibre is both light weight and bullet resistant. A friend of mine used to work for British Aerospace, he built the cockpits for Tornado fighter planes out of carbon fibre, and he told me that they could stop a 30mm (I think...) shell.

There are also glass/plastic laminates that can stop fairly large calibre rounds, GM just needs to start using some of these materials if they want to build safe, but lightweight, limosines.

7d1231628824-pic-day-2-some-may-slightly-nsfw-article-1109082-02fd57b3000005dc-983_468x310_popup.jpg

Blood?!

Last edited:
Don't know why I'm obsessed with this topic. Perhaps because this car is the icon of the president and the automobile.

Here's what he should do. Have an Electric Presidential Limo made. It's symbolic.

There are EV military projects going on all over. Tap into that resource. Spend military type money on the project and open source all EV related discoveries.

When the next administration comes in then they can do what they want like when Regan took down Carter's White House solar panels.

Last edited: