Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need tips for EV conversion shop!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Johan

Ex got M3 in the divorce, waiting for EU Model Y!
Feb 9, 2012
Drammen, Norway
My favourite classic car has always been the early 70's Corvette Stingrays, you know the one's with the really fat hood and the ridges over the front wheels?

unazenup.jpg

I want to seriously look into the possibilty of buying one of these, converting it to and EV and have it shipped here to me in Norway.

You can get very nice looking Stingrays for under $10k. I guess if I'm going to have it converted it really doesn't matter how well the engine is functioning...

So if anyone has first hand, or references, to a good EV conversionplace anywhere in the US, please post here or PM me.

Also if someone has any experience with projects like this and ball park figures when it comes to cost, please post here. In my case I will not be looking to build any kind of performance coversion, something like 100 hp engine and maybe some 20-30 kWh of batteries (any modern Li-ion tech) to keep weight down. I figure if it gets me 75 miles of range I'll be happy. Oh yeah and no Supercharging :)