Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yacht Floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since prior to getting my car, I couldn't find anyone that had any info on it. Here is a picture of it. I purchased an inventory car and it came with it spec already. Yes it is expensive ($500), but I couldn't wait for the 4-6 weeks build and it has grown on me in person.

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6,036
It looks nice, but it also looks slippery as hell...I have things slide back and forth too much as it is, on the carpet. There's no way I would want that, even though it looks good. I believe they made a few early prototypes of ways to finish the center console are! And that looks like one of them.

My DS told me that Elon wanted something besides carpet installed in the center console for all the loaner cars.

I bought a car at the Fremont factory which was initially destined to be a loaner (sorry folks). I asked them to remove the yacht floor, swap to 19" wheels, and remove the rear facing seats. I think they did this as a special favor to me since I was replacing another Model S which had been totaled. The yacht floor, in obeche gloss, had a $500 price tag.

$500 is expensive, consider it an "impatience tax" if buying from inventory.

I'll probably make my own. I want to do a parcel shelf as well, but can't decide if I want to match the lacewood of my car, or do something like zebrawood. I think the zebrawood parcel shelf would look pretty sweet in the rear window. All of this would be done in veneer or it would cost a fortune.

It looks nice, but it also looks slippery as hell...I have things slide back and forth too much as it is, on the carpet. There's no way I would want that, even though it looks good. I believe they made a few early prototypes of ways to finish the center console are! And that looks like one of them.

The black strips in the picture are rubber strips so nothing slides back and forth.

I just picked up a loaner P85 'full spec' (not +) #15790 at the Fremont service center, which has the black leather/alacantra interior with carbon fiber and the carbon fiber yacht floor. Yes, the rubber strips will help in lessening the front-to-back slide of items, but to my eye you are going to get a bit of wear on the CF (or whatever other wood accent goes there) as time goes by. Also, FWIW, the way the yacht floor curves up in the front under the touchscreen and shelf, the whole center console is now shorter than the original carpeted center console space (note to Teslaccesories/CCI folks [soflauthor/soflason], you guys need to test fit your CCI to be sure it still fits). I do not see any info on the order/design page for this as a paid option/upgrade

Center Console same as Dashboard Trim?

I probably missed a thread on this. Got a loaner today that had Glossy Obeche in the center console instead of carpet. Pretty neat. According to my service rep these are leftover from some early cars and Signature cars, and not available now. I guess it might be too slick anyway, but thought the look was good...

20130723_151344_resized.jpg
20130723_151358_resized.jpg