Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Big Data & Predictive Analytics applied to Tesla EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big Data & Predictive Analytics applied to Tesla EV

Could we crunch and analyse our Tesla EV generated data to drive better and farther?

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla EVs generate huge amounts of data available through a driver-friendly, downloadable log file.
Combing and analysing log files could prove to be very valuable, especially if we use sophisticated IT technologies such as Big Data tools (Sap Hana, Hadoop, etc.).
Think about getting insights about driving and recharge patterns, driver-behavior, etc.
I work on IT analytics software and would like to know from Tesla-owners all over the world if they are interested on this subject and if they would like to get involved in a no-profit, scientific, proof-of-concept experiment using data from their cars.

Have you been following Tom Saxton and his battery life data analysis? If not look at Roadster Owner Based Study of Battery Pack Capacity Over Time and send in your logs.

Hello Dhrivnak, thank you for your comment.
i would like to follow the steps of Mr. Saxton, but do more, using sophisticated technologies (such as Sap Hana) to crunch data.
The problem for me is to collect at least 20 log-files from different Tesla owners to create a proof of concept.
Any suggestion regarding how to collect them? I know very well that privacy could be an issue.
Any help would be very appreciated.

AC