Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leilani Munter thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I liked the content and what she had to say, I couldn't get over the impression that she was just reading from a prepared script. Because of that it was somewhat off-putting. Perhaps it worked better if you were there rather than just watching the video stream.

She only read from a note when quoting a poem. I'm pretty sure she's given the speech before, or a variation of it at least, but it was delivered earnestly and from what I saw people at the conference were pretty moved by it.

While I liked the content and what she had to say, I couldn't get over the impression that she was just reading from a prepared script. Because of that it was somewhat off-putting. Perhaps it worked better if you were there rather than just watching the video stream.

So what if she read from her notes or pre-written speech? Very few people are comfortable enough to speak in front of hundreds of people without some sort of notes.

She only read from a note when quoting a poem. I'm pretty sure she's given the speech before, or a variation of it at least, but it was delivered earnestly and from what I saw people at the conference were pretty moved by it.

That's great. For some reason I just saw that she was looking down at her script about two times during each sentence. This is then likely one of those things that doesn't come off well over video.

Come on! Give the lady a break! I watched the live stream and I was extremely impressed and inspired by what Leilani had to say. I thought she did an amazing job of weaving her passion for racing and her concern for the environment into a point of view that anyone could appreciate. She referenced her notes to stay on track and give a cohesive talk--big deal! Professionals do this all the time.

I'm sure there was no teleprompter available to make it look more polished for you. Let's focus on her words and the content of her message. Don't lose the forest for the trees.

My impression was that of a genuine, passionate, intelligent person that happened to have prepared a thoughtful talk ahead of time--not a script reader. I would urge anyone who missed it live, or live-streamed, to watch it. Listening to her message is definitely worth the investment of time.

It was one of the most powerful, passionate and well written speeches I have ever heard. I was moved and inspired at the same time. She is a genuine young lady with a strong spirit and conviction to work towards what she believes is RIGHT.

i will post some picture when I get back to Kansas City.

She's not a professional speaker. She's a young woman that drives race cars. I think she did beautifully. I was very moved.

Agreed. I was praising the content of the speech itself, and the fact that she's done all this hard work on persuading elected officials, as well as the racing community. It makes me wonder if I really could be doing more. Something for me to be thinking about. The story was great, and the delivery was good too. Don't care if she used notecards, I couldn't personally remember a speech to save my life. :)

Yes, from my seat in the room it was a very effective speech; Leilani came across as an engaged and committed advocate. She was also most gracious to everyone who chatted with her at the factory party last night.