Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Introducing the Frozen Grey Tesla with shadowline trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, here is the finished product. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. The wrap has slightly different characteristics during the day and night and in different types of light. Overall, I was looking for a modified stock appearance. This is one of the reasons why I opted to keep the nose cone black. The Tesla designers designed an absolutely beautiful car so I decided to preserve the overall aesthetics of the car and maintain the black of the nose. If you are considering some modifications but don't want to do a full wrap, I do highly recommend blacking out the chrome and tinting the windows. This is a very inexpensive option (typically less than $500) total and really enhances the look while keeping the initial spirit intact. I did plan to also powdercoat the wheels either a gloss black or dark grey. I think they actually look pretty good as is so may save my money. We'll see but I do appreciate any input.

This is the previous thread that shows some of the progress pics:
Preview of my Model S wrap

Here is a list of the modifications:
Frozen Grey Matte full body wrap, including the small blinkers in front of the doors
Gloss black on all the chrome except the "T" logos in the front and back
Black tint 20% all around

Overall I wanted to be subtle but unique without going over the top and I am happy with the results. Please enjoy!

Attachments

• DSC03733edit.jpg
    DSC03733edit.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 4,595
  • DSC03731edit.jpg
    DSC03731edit.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 6,242
  • DSC03732edit.jpg
    DSC03732edit.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 4,501
  • DSC03739edit.jpg
    DSC03739edit.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4,481
  • DSC03738edit.jpg
    DSC03738edit.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 5,857
  • DSC03735edit.jpg
    DSC03735edit.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 5,304
Last edited:
This is one of the better looking wrap colors I've ever seen. Nicely done! No one ever posts pics with the door/hatch open. I'm curious to see what the transition looks like from wrapped to unwrapped parts. Would you mind posting?

As I said in the other thread. This is awesome and brings a smile to my face.

As a very far aside, your wrapping of the handles got me thinking that perhaps using wrap INSIDE the handles as well (the part that is touched to open the door) to combat the very hot handles. perhaps having even a thin layer of wrap will prevent burns. I'm sure it'll still be quite hot, but perhaps enough to make a difference. (Sorry, not trying to threadjack, as I love what yo've done!)

This is one of the better looking wrap colors I've ever seen. Nicely done! No one ever posts pics with the door/hatch open. I'm curious to see what the transition looks like from wrapped to unwrapped parts. Would you mind posting?

I'll take some pics and post. There are both "good" and "bad" areas but I'll post both.

As I said in the other thread. This is awesome and brings a smile to my face.

As a very far aside, your wrapping of the handles got me thinking that perhaps using wrap INSIDE the handles as well (the part that is touched to open the door) to combat the very hot handles. perhaps having even a thin layer of wrap will prevent burns. I'm sure it'll still be quite hot, but perhaps enough to make a difference. (Sorry, not trying to threadjack, as I love what yo've done!)

No problem. I haven't had the car long enough but I'm thinking that the wrap on the body itself will help to insulate and keep the handles cooler to the touch. The door handles on my car are actually just the front portion with a small edge folded over and cut cleanly in a straight line. I'll have the car in a hot parking lot Tuesday and I'll check it out.

How much did it cost ?

The company had a July 4th special and it was about $2300 for the wrap. I think regularly around $2600 or $2700.

How long does the wrap stay good for? I'd imagine in the FL heat and humidity it will eventually come unwrapped.

Probably around 4-5 years depending on where it is stored. I also think it depends on the material.

This.

Your car looks great but it is SCREAMING for some larger, darker wheels!

Yeah, agree. I'll probably get the wheels powdercoated black or dark grey in the next few weeks. New wheels are such a big expense and then I have to deal with the old set.

Anyone know how long a wrap job will last?

Did you do the jams etc. How does the trunk and frunk look when open?

Depending on how you maintain, the guy who did mine said about 4 years. I'll take pics of the frunk and trunk open as well as the door jambs. Only the rear door jambs were done. My original car color was silver so the original color areas that are exposed don't stand out. There is some bubbling in the rear door jambs that they will have to repair but they told me to expect that initially but they will repair as part of the initial job. I have a followup after about one week.