Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Sightings in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd start a new thread just for Tesla sightings...

Saw a grey one a couple days ago on School St turning onto the Pali around 6'ish after work. EV 2802. I waved but wasn't sure if he saw me. Was so excited to see another Tesla while driving mine!

Last edited:
There's a white MS in my garage almost every day at work - License #2927. Can't wait to get mine so I can park next to him! Wish the building management would hurry up and comply with the law regarding charging stations. The convenient excuse is they're waiting for the proposal and bids to come in.

I've also seen a grey, red and white with vanity plates around the Hawaii Kai area multiple times.

The other week, I saw a white on nehoa and a white by kawananakoa middle school. This week, I saw sig red behind me and white behind me on the same morning at each kid's school drop off. Then minutes later saw a brand new black with no plates. Saw a white in kapahulu yesterday.

Saw my first Tesla (outside of the service center) on the leeward side of the island. A white one EV 2065 taking the WB pearl city exit. I've heard there's another one besides mine in Mililani, but I haven't seen it yet. Funny how I still get excited seeing a Tesla on the road!

You mean this thread?

Random Model S sightings

Of course Hawaii sightings might be a bit more rare, er, aft repeated. ;)
And no doubt, please include pics... your country is way more gorgeous!

Greg, we ARE part of the same country, you know, lol. Sorry, pet peeve of most people that live in Hawaii - visitors referring to the Mainland as the United States (implying that we're not). Some people even ask if we use the same money (sigh)

But yeah, this thread is more for us in Hawaii to keep track of where we're seeing MSes to help figure out where other owners are. As you've noticed, we're woefully more deficient in pictures compared to that other thread in the States ;)

Greg, we ARE part of the same country, you know, lol. Sorry, pet peeve of most people that live in Hawaii - visitors referring to the Mainland as the United States (implying that we're not). Some people even ask if we use the same money (sigh)

But yeah, this thread is more for us in Hawaii to keep track of where we're seeing MSes to help figure out where other owners are. As you've noticed, we're woefully more deficient in pictures compared to that other thread in the States ;)

I use the word "country" loosely, ie. west coast, east coast differences, etc.

Lovin DSmith's exchange rate comment!
Been to HI several times (love the floral smell), need to get back! :)

Try this. Go to your first comment of the thread. Select Edit on the bottom of your first post, then select Go Advanced. This should open the post with more editing options. You should be able to edit the title of the first post then. :)

I use the word "country" loosely, ie. west coast, east coast differences, etc.

Lovin DSmith's exchange rate comment!
Been to HI several times (love the floral smell), need to get back! :)

We would love to have you visit our fine islands. I enjoy Portland as well since my sister lives there. I am not sure if any local rental companies are renting MS in Hawaii. I heard that they are in California.

Tried before on the meet up thread but couldn't figure it out.
Try this. Go to your first comment of the thread. Select Edit on the bottom of your first post, then select Go Advanced. This should open the post with more editing options. You should be able to edit the title of the first post then. :)
You can edit the title of the first post, but not the title of the thread that it began.

Parked in the EV stalls at the Blaisdell last night for The Cure concert..charger wasn't working but was a great parking space anyway...when I came out there was another blue MS in the stall in front of me EV2809...was almost like a mirror image :)

nanimac, reference not being able to edit the title. Looks like we can edit only the header in the first thread, but not the title. So, I worked up a short list and sent it to the moderator asking if he would make a couple of changes to the titles to insure it says Hawaii.