Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Financing is available in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just talked with my DS today and he told me the Tesla financing program and resale guarantee is now available to Hawaii buyers. Financing is arranged through Technology Credit Union, not Wells Fargo/US Bank. Not sure why the difference, but I'm just glad we're finally getting the same treatment as mainland buyers.

The resale guarantee was what really made me pull the trigger and place my order, so I'm glad they have it now. I'll report back on the terms & rate once I get more info from them.

I just talked with my DS today and he told me the Tesla financing program and resale guarantee is now available to Hawaii buyers. Financing is arranged through Technology Credit Union, not Wells Fargo/US Bank. Not sure why the difference, but I'm just glad we're finally getting the same treatment as mainland buyers.

The resale guarantee was what really made me pull the trigger and place my order, so I'm glad they have it now. I'll report back on the terms & rate once I get more info from them.

Thanks for the info gmtom1. I inquired about whether I could take advantage of the program, but was told no because my car was delivered and registered. It's too bad because other lenders still consider my car to be brand new and all they care about is being designated as lienholder.

Yeah, I was stoked when he told me about the financing, because I was super disappointed when I initially placed the order and they told me no. I even considered not ordering it at that point (I even told TM about my concerns too). I'm sure it was just convenient timing, but it's nice to imagine that perhaps my complaints actually led to the change.

He did say it's a special arrangement they made with Tech CU. I'll post back once I complete the application & approval process regarding the terms / rate etc. I'm just happy since now I get the resale guarantee, which is what I really want since I'm planning to switch to an MX or updated MS in three years.

Yeah, I was stoked when he told me about the financing, because I was super disappointed when I initially placed the order and they told me no. I even considered not ordering it at that point (I even told TM about my concerns too). I'm sure it was just convenient timing, but it's nice to imagine that perhaps my complaints actually led to the change.

He did say it's a special arrangement they made with Tech CU. I'll post back once I complete the application & approval process regarding the terms / rate etc. I'm just happy since now I get the resale guarantee, which is what I really want since I'm planning to switch to an MX or updated MS in three years.

The resale prices from the guarantee should hopefully set a price precedent for those of us who weren't able to use the Tesla financing.

The resale prices from the guarantee should hopefully set a price precedent for those of us who weren't able to use the Tesla financing.

That's exactly what I was thinking & why I still went ahead with the order. I figure there will be so many MS' coming off "lease" in 3 years, the market price will adjust to approximate the guarantee anyway. But it's nice to have peace of mind.