Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sanny

Jul 7, 2013
US
Hello all,
Is anybody following other stories similar to TSLA - hot tech companies that just crossed the chasm and ready for a huge growth?
I just started looking at iRobot and it looks like they had a nice growth in the last 6 month...maybe there are some more interesting companies to consider?

• Love
Reactions: pdwitt and Algbc
Hello all,
Is anybody following other stories similar to TSLA - hot tech companies that just crossed the chasm and ready for a huge growth?
I just started looking at iRobot and it looks like they had a nice growth in the last 6 month...maybe there are some more interesting companies to consider?

Yes. I've followed Lawrenceville Plasma Physics (LPP). Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

LPP is working on 'aneutronic' fusion where the fuel is hydrogen and boron rather than deuterium or deuterium and tritium. When H and Boron fusion reactions occur, 3 high energy Helium ions are produced and NO fast neutrons. Fast neutrons are what make fission reactors intensely radioactive. Just as important, the energy from H Boron fusion can be extracted without generating steam and use of expensive turbines. This makes electricity from a future generator 5 - 10 times cheaper than coal, oil, natural gas, wind or solar.

LPP is a medium to high risk investment with possible payoff in 5 - 10 years of 50 to 100 times original investment. Those who invested in Tesla at $20 may see a 25X original investment if/when it reaches $500 per share.

Information on LPP Dense Plasma Focus fusion research and business plan can be found on company web site: Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

DaveT: How long ago was this? There are a lot of things I like about this name but I don't know of too many things I don't like. I know for sure one thing is that the lack of volume is a bit scary. The good part about that is obviously not many people are selling. Also no options on this name yet.

Yes. I've followed Lawrenceville Plasma Physics (LPP). Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

LPP is working on 'aneutronic' fusion where the fuel is hydrogen and boron rather than deuterium or deuterium and tritium. When H and Boron fusion reactions occur, 3 high energy Helium ions are produced and NO fast neutrons. Fast neutrons are what make fission reactors intensely radioactive. Just as important, the energy from H Boron fusion can be extracted without generating steam and use of expensive turbines. This makes electricity from a future generator 5 - 10 times cheaper than coal, oil, natural gas, wind or solar.

LPP is a medium to high risk investment with possible payoff in 5 - 10 years of 50 to 100 times original investment. Those who invested in Tesla at $20 may see a 25X original investment if/when it reaches $500 per share.

Information on LPP Dense Plasma Focus fusion research and business plan can be found on company web site: Lawrenceville Plasma Physics

Symbol?

DaveT: How long ago was this? There are a lot of things I like about this name but I don't know of too many things I don't like. I know for sure one thing is that the lack of volume is a bit scary. The good part about that is obviously not many people are selling. Also no options on this name yet.

I was a paid subscriber from 2008 to 2011 or so. I just don't think they have a very good product. But who knows, they could go very well if all their competitors suck more.

DaveT: By paid subscriber you mean you uploaded photos and got paid when people bought them? What is there not to like about that? I'm not a photographer so I can't say much from my perspective. Basically I would like to know what you mean when you say you don't think they have a very good product. You are the first person I have met so far that has ever used the site.

LPP is not yet publicly traded. Current B share price is $100. Asking share price is based on progress toward fusion breakeven milestone. Stock price will increase as intermediate output milestones are reached over the coming year or two. A peer reviewed Plasma Physics journal article reported LPP plasma temp of 1.8 billion degree C. This is temp needed for H Boron fusion and higher than other alternative fusion approaches. I will post a link in coming week or two to a Google hosted Fusion conference in June where LPP and others presented their work.

Enphase? ENPH is their symbol. They make a micro inverter for solar panels. It breaks up the string that is necessary for full blown inverters. It allows each solar panel to work as a separate panel. They closed at $7.91 yesterday.

I've got enphase micro inverters on my newly installed 8kw solar system. I had not thought to check out the company, good tip. Great system and from my limited knowledge it really helps the efficiency of solar systems. Not sure of their competition?

DaveT: By paid subscriber you mean you uploaded photos and got paid when people bought them? What is there not to like about that? I'm not a photographer so I can't say much from my perspective. Basically I would like to know what you mean when you say you don't think they have a very good product. You are the first person I have met so far that has ever used the site.
I was a paid subscriber meaning I was paying them a monthly subscription fee (I think it was around $100/month) to be able to browse, save and use images from their site in our own products (ie., websites, apps, etc).I didn't like them because it was terribly organized and took forever to find the right, high-quality images. When I was using them, I kept thinking there ought to be a startup that gives a service where instead a gazillion junk images where you need to spend hours and hours trying to find one or two good images you need, you provide people with a smaller set of images but of much higher quality and provide excellent search and organization features.Anyway, basically I used Shutterstock because I had to. All the other sites at that time used the same model (provide a gazillion junk images and let people spend hours/days trying to find some good ones they can use). And all the while, I kept wishing for an alternative.

DaveT: Thanks for the information. Can I ask if you were using it for personal stuff or were you doing it for a company you work for? I have been reading that most of the business they do is with advertisement agencies. I can understand what you are saying about being overwhelmed with photographs. That would drive me crazy too. I guess I thought the business sounded so interesting because from a photographers perspective it would seem pretty compelling. Do you know of anyone else who uses it?

DaveT: Thanks for the information. Can I ask if you were using it for personal stuff or were you doing it for a company you work for? I have been reading that most of the business they do is with advertisement agencies. I can understand what you are saying about being overwhelmed with photographs. That would drive me crazy too. I guess I thought the business sounded so interesting because from a photographers perspective it would seem pretty compelling. Do you know of anyone else who uses it?
I used them for company work. Our team (of few people) all felt the same about Shutterstock... we were reluctant users. Don't know anyone else uses them personally, but know a lot of people do use them.

Take a look at ONVO, Organovo.

Organovo makes functional human tissues using 3-D bioprinting technology. This pink sheet stock is being uplisted to the NYSE on July 15.

http://www.organovo.com/

That is one of the 3d printer makers that I follow, along with the other major players in the space: DDD and SSYS. Difficult to tell whether they are overvalued due to hype or on the verge of a disruptive revolution.