Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

supercharger rally events in the future?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brianman

Burrito Founder
Nov 10, 2011
Late report, but I haven't been on the forums much.

Perhaps we should have some supercharger rallies in the future.

Here's my first run at it...

• 8 superchargers in 28 hours (will be easy to beat as we get more superchargers)
  • all the CA superchargers in 28 hours (will be harder to beat as we get more superchargers)
  • 1 driver
  • charge limit set at 90%
  • minimum charge was 4mi. rated (Atascadero, because I left Gilroy early)
  • includes about 5 hours of sleep @ Barstow

Folsom2013/07/07 11:30AM
Gilroy2013/07/07 03:35PM
Atascadero2013/07/07 06:43PM
Buellton2013/07/07 09:05PM
Los Angeles2013/07/08 12:00AM
Barstow2013/07/08 03:32AM
Lebec2013/07/08 12:15PM
Coalinga2013/07/08 03:01PM

I may publish some pictures and/or stats when I'm back home if folks are interested.

I did 3500 miles in two weeks... with no Superchargers.
Nice, Tony!

Definitely not a competition (for me at least) on distance; was just reporting in some stats as some folks at Teslive requested/suggested that I did.

The folks from Quebec at Teslive had like 6k one-way I think.

Also, I met a guy at Hawthorne on my first visit there that had a ring around the U.S. showing his charge locations. IIRC, he got his 60 kWh in January and has something like 16k miles on it.

Yeah, can you believe the whippersnappers these days? The stories we can tell our grandkids about the covered wagons. I once did over 3,000 miles in 9 days, and for half of that there were not even L2 chargers. It only took that long because it was a vacation and I was visiting people.

But we never complained, we were thankful for what we had. We had our families and our health, and that was all we needed. Kids today don't have their priorities straight. It's no wonder the country is going straight to heck in a hand basket.

Nice, Tony!

Definitely not a competition (for me at least) on distance; was just reporting in some stats as some folks at Teslive requested/suggested that I did.

The folks from Quebec at Teslive had like 6k one-way I think.

Also, I met a guy at Hawthorne on my first visit there that had a ring around the U.S. showing his charge locations. IIRC, he got his 60 kWh in January and has something like 16k miles on it.

I'm at 18,000 miles since November with only a 41.8kWh battery (that I have to drive uphill both ways in snow). Our ZERO motorcycle rider in the BC2BC rally already has 36,000 miles in less than a year. A LEAF driver in Kent, Washington has 80,000 miles in two years. The car that won BC2BC this year has already been coast to coast (as has the ZERO motorcycle) and has about 30,000 miles.

I'm at 18,000 miles since November with only a 41.8kWh battery (that I have to drive uphill both ways in snow). Our ZERO motorcycle rider in the BC2BC rally already has 36,000 miles in less than a year. A LEAF driver in Kent, Washington has 80,000 miles in two years. The car that won BC2BC this year has already been coast to coast (as has the ZERO motorcycle) and has about 30,000 miles.
That's a lot of restroom stops.

Not necessarily.

empty-jar.jpg

roadside-tree-blue-sky-250077.jpg