Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hawaii Tesla - Fun and Interesting Stories -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun and Interesting Tesla stories from Hawaii. Surely there are a lot of stories to share...
Thanks, its a great idea, nanimac

My Husband Stole my Tesla! - Haven't had any fun Tesla admirer stories yet but did catch my husband stealing my car via my iPhone app. I left my Tesla at home one day and took my Audi to work since I had a meeting out at an industrial park and didn't want to get my shiny new car dirty or hit with any rocks. Later in the afternoon, I was showing my co-worker the app and how it shows where the car is parked. The app showed that the car was moving away from my house! Since my husband has his own fob key, I knew it was him! As I tracked where the car was going, I texted him..taking the tesla for a drive?? LOL. He called me when he was leaving his destination..had also already set up his phone via Bluetooth on the tesla!

Double posted in the main Hawaii thread

My favorite experience so far has been while driving the Tesla at speed limit on H1 west bound near the Vineyard Blvd, a car slowly passed on the right. From the rear driver's side window, an 8-10 year old boy stuck his head and shoulders out, looked over at us, smiled, and gave us a slow thumbs up. We waved back at him.

(come to think of it, why wasn't that kid strapped in??)

The car definitely attracts lots of attention. I've never had people on motorcycles and mopeds wave and say "hello" with this frequency. My 4 year old daughter asks "why is that man saying hi to you?" But, my favorite reactions occur when I drop my son off and/or pick him up at school. High school/college aged kids help with auto line and the first day I took my son, he was sitting in the trunk. They opened the back seat door and were perplexed when they saw no one in the car but me. I said "he's in the trunk" and opened the trunk. They said "OH MY GOD, THAT'S SO COOL!" (I used caps because that's how loud they were screaming). The next day, they saw me coming, clustered, and I could hear one of them telling the others "watch the door handles . . . they're so sick!" My sons says they talk about the rims as I pull away. Entertaining way to start the day.

read to the tune of "The girl from Ipanema"

Original post in "Hawaii Tesla Owners"
Top two reactions to seeing my MS.
a few months ago some one saw my MS pass them in a parking garage. He started jumping up and down, pointing and screaming "A Tesla, I've seen a Tesla!!!!"

and today has to be the best reaction I hope to see over and over again.
As I pulled up to a stop sign. it was funny that all the cars entering the intersection stopped and none proceeded through the intersection. Then I saw her, a beautiful girl wearing a form fitting long dress.:love: She was crossing in front of me from the right. As she got right in front of me, her head started to turn to look at my MS, then down at the License plate, then up at me. She repeated this cycle as she continued to walk. when she was in the middle of the next lane she turned her head to look at the profile of the car, slowing down and almost stopping in the middle of the street to see the car. The smile on her face grew:smile: with every glance she took at me:cool: (or was it the car):biggrin:. As soon as she reached the opposite sidewalk the show was over and the rest of the cars started moving again.
I lingered a few moments more hoping she would come back and ask for a ride.

Ellingtones Instrumental "Girl form Ipanema"

Last edited:
We were waiting at a red light behind a couple of kids that were slouching in their seats and wearing their baseball caps backwards (like those kids parodied in those Kia Soul commercials). Both saw my car in their reviewer mirrors, hopped up on the door sills, turned around to face us and gave us a big smile and a thumbs up! We gave a thumbs up to our fellow car enthusiasts & I had a big chuckle.

We were waiting at a red light behind a couple of kids that were slouching in their seats and wearing their baseball caps backwards (like those kids parodied in those Kia Soul commercials). Both saw my car in their reviewer mirrors, hopped up on the door sills, turned around to face us and gave us a big smile and a thumbs up! We gave a thumbs up to our fellow car enthusiasts & I had a big chuckle.

happens all the time. today a "flock" of moped riders ahead of me in the next lane waiting for the light to change saw me. one turned around, then another and another until they were all turned and missed the light turning green.

I was at Hanauma Bay yesterday and as I was packing my stuff in the back, a VW bug pulled up with a family in it.They asked how many Teslas were in Hawaii. Told them probably around a hundred. Turns out they were from Vancouver and had a white 60kwh! They said BC has about 120 of them now! The tesla cult is everywhere :)

I was at Hanauma Bay yesterday and as I was packing my stuff in the back, a VW bug pulled up with a family in it.They asked how many Teslas were in Hawaii. Told them probably around a hundred. Turns out they were from Vancouver and had a white 60kwh! They said BC has about 120 of them now! The tesla cult is everywhere :)

Haha, love these stories.

there have to be at least 150 here in Hawaii. some might say as many as 200.

I am not surprised. I have been seeing more and more on the road. I saw one yesterday on Keeaumoku when I was turning into Ala Moana Shopping Center. And there are another MS on my hill. Actually, I know the owner's husband since he works with me. It is a black MS 85+.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll ask again when I go to pick up mine, hopefully in a couple of weeks max!

Let us know. We can share in the excitement when you get it. It is the best feeling. No buyer's remorse.

Lesson Learned. I should know better by now.
I usually use some spray on cleaner and wipe down the car when I charge. Today, I was getting ready for the Hawaii meet-up, so I decide to go to the car wash.:smile:
as I was spraying down the car with "Suds" I had the feeling I was being watched.:confused:
I moved out of the spray booth and parked in front to wipe the car down. :rolleyes:
As I was wiping, the "Eyes" came forward and it was Tesla time. He saw it from the road driving by and just had to stop and ask all about it. He had never heard of Tesla.
After about 10 minutes of talk he started to move off with a big Tesla "convert" grin.:biggrin:
I suddenly yelled for him to come back.:eek: I explained to him that because I had taken the time to show him my car, the sun had dried the wet car leaving streaks. :mad:
I politely asked him if he could help buff out the streaks for me.:wink: Well? No, help. I guess I have to work on my "Huck Finn" pitch.:tongue:
th.jpg

I hope "Aunt Polly" doesn't find out what I did...

So my wife and I are in the Target parking lot yesterday loading bags of dog food and pillows into the car when a guy and his wife pull up abruptly behind us and shouts, "How much?". As I was trying to recall what we paid for the car, my wife says, "The dog food or the pillows?"