Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving from The east coast to San jose viA I80

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the most recent shareholders event Elon mentioned that by the end of the year he is planning to take a trip from the west coast to the east coast to prove viability . In addition he said that the supercharger network will be complete In which model s owners could drive east to west and vise versa for free:love:. I was wondering has anybody considered driving from the east coast to the west cost for the next Tesla Live conference and keeping a daily blog of how much gas and c02 outputted into the atmosphere and comparing it with the model s? I thought about it but i was on the wait list for the conference and just got confirmed two weeks ago. Too short for such a epic road-trip but definitely on the agenda for next year!!

I live at the corner of I-15 & I-80. You are ALL 100% welcome to drop by (pick me up!)

fyi Elon's winter 2013 trip is LA to NYC, the route for which heads East on I-70 where it connects to I-15, 3 hrs south of here :-(.
the full I-80 SuperCharger route thru Wyoming/Utah/Nevada is 2014, hope! That will be So GREAT!! ML

May - June, my wife and I drove from a few miles away from the Tesla headquarters on a 3 week trip in our Model S. We traveled 5540 miles altogether!
We headed up I5 to Portland. My brother lives there. Then across to Yellowstone and down to Denver. Across Kansas to Kansas City. My wife has a
sister there. Then we headed back to Denver, down to Albuquerque and on to Grand Canyon. Then to Las Vegas. From there we hit superchargers all
the way back home.
If it gets printed in time I have a photo book of the trip that we will bring to TESLIVE!
After TESLIVE I plan to put the photos on the web along with a Google Map of the places we stopped and charged.

- - - Updated - - -

MikeL,
I guess we went by your house then, because we were heading east on I-80 and turned south on I-15 to Denver!

I live at the corner of I-15 & I-80. You are ALL 100% welcome to drop by (pick me up!)

fyi Elon's winter 2013 trip is LA to NYC, the route for which heads East on I-70 where it connects to I-15, 3 hrs south of here :-(.
the full I-80 SuperCharger route thru Wyoming/Utah/Nevada is 2014, hope! That will be So GREAT!! ML