Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

East Coast Meet-up anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know there is a lot of activity on the "left" coast, but we have members on this side of the peninsula also. Is anyone up for getting together sometime in the Melbourne/Palm Bay/Titusville area? I'm thinking sometime during the day (brunch/lunch/linner) on a weekend later this month or early next month (suggestions welcome!)

Hi Jordan,

Thanks very much for taking the initiative!

Recognizing that not all of our club members are active on TMC, might I also suggest that you send out an email to a dozen or so members living in that area. I'll send you a current membership list for you to consult.

There are also probably going to be at least three Tesla events later in the year on the East Coast that will lend themselves for club meetups. I'm hoping I can enlist your help and other East Coasters to spearhead those events if possible.

Here's what I have in mind:

1)It was reported today that the Boca Raton store is under construction. A store opening would be a natural for a meetup.

2)The Supercharger at Port St. Lucie has broken ground. Its possible there may be a ribbon cutting ceremony in as early as about a month. Many club members, particularly those on the East Coast, would probably attend a meetup to correspond with that event.

3)We expect the Supercharger at The Pavilion at Port Orange in Port Orange. We don't have any current news, but again a Supercharger ribbon cutting ceremony would attract a lot of club members.

Just food for thought in the coming months. This is not intended to substitute for an earlier, smaller local event that you have in mind.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Larry

Last edited:
I'm in for the St Lucie ribbon cutting, boca store opening, and west palm service center opening. Now all we need are some solid dates

Steve,

It may take a while to get solid dates on those particular events. In the meantime it would be useful if club members that are familar with the area made some suggestions regarding restaurants that would accommodate one or two dozen people.

Larry

I know there is a lot of activity on the "left" coast, but we have members on this side of the peninsula also. Is anyone up for getting together sometime in the Melbourne/Palm Bay/Titusville area? I'm thinking sometime during the day (brunch/lunch/linner) on a weekend later this month or early next month (suggestions welcome!)

Count me in! I should have The Beest by then. PSL opening is an obvious meet and I believe an FMY (Ft Myers) meet is already under discussion (Larry?).

Count me in! I should have The Beest by then. PSL opening is an obvious meet and I believe an FMY (Ft Myers) meet is already under discussion (Larry?).

Yes, Erol (aka MissErol) who lives about 15 minutes away from the Ft. Myers Supercharger will be taking the lead in finding a suitable restaurant. It will probably be right there at the Gulf Coast Town Center. I'll send out a mass mailing to the entire membership when we have a firm date. We are guessing that Ft. Myers will be the first Florida Supercharger opening.

Larry

I started to send out an email, but if the PSL supercharger is going to be open in a month or so, perhaps we can wait until sometime after that to get together up here.

Jordan,

It's up to you, but you still might want to do what you originally intended, a small local gathering in which you contact nearby members. If there's a local "Cars & Coffee" that might be the ticket.

Then for the larger Supercharger event in Port St. Lucie I'll send out a mass mailing to the entire membership. We still don't have anything firm for these ribbon cutting dates and things do slip, so it still might be useful to guage the interest of members nearby you by sending out a limited email to locals.

Larry

How's their French Onion Soup? :biggrin:

Larry

Wish they had some! But Abe & Louie's is also right by the mall, and they have decent O-Soup (and a private room that's probably large enough). I didn't mention it because it's on the high-end of the price scale. But I'm open to a vote with several places if we want to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we think we'll have advance notice of the opening for either the PSL or FMY SCs?

Do we think we'll have advance notice of the opening for either the PSL or FMY SCs?

Historically Tesla has not provided as much advance notice as we would like to facilitate organizing club events. However, the director of Tesla Marketing told me one of her people would contact me. So maybe things will improve.

As backup we have club members who live nearby both Supercharger locations and I will ask them to periodically visit to assess progress. One of our club members said he had insider information that the Port St. Lucie Supercharger would be ready by July 24th, a Wednesday. If things look like they are ready at these sites and I haven't received notice from Tesla, I'll reach out to them for an update.

In the interim pending a formal notification, this thread is very useful to permit us to do some pre-planning by collecting club member input.

Please keep the comments and suggestions coming.

Larry

I'm pretty much locked away inside my office until about mid-August, but I'd be delighted to help organize a meetup in Miami (or within 40-50 miles of it) in late August. I'd love to meet more of us.
Thanks Rodolfo,
I'm away at the TESLIVE Tesla convention and can't spend much time posting, but I encourage you to start a thread in which you throw out some ideas for a Miami event. I also suggest that you consult the membership list and send out some emails to locals.
Larry

Last edited: