Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many percent of Tesla owners have bought TSLA shares and roughly how many shares?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know 4 persons who have ordered Model S. All of them have bought TSLA shares. The number of shares is between a few thousand to a few hundred thousand shares. They are now actively recommend both the car and the stock to other people.

Please share the stories you know...

I unfortunately do not have that kind of money laying around. I had a few hundred shares and options but unfortunately sold them right before the squeeze so I could have a bigger down payment on my car. One of the biggest mistakes was selling them. Eats me up to this day :(

I know 4 persons who have ordered Model S. All of them have bought TSLA shares. The number of shares is between a few thousand to a few hundred thousand shares. They are now actively recommend both the car and the stock to other people.

Please share the stories you know...

Did you really mean a few hundred thousand shares or hundred thousand dollars? One hundred thousand shares is 12 million dollars.

With perfect hindsight, I should have financed the S and sunk that cash into more TSLA stock. OTOH, I'm happy with both the car and the stock I do have, and hindsight's always more reliable than foresight.

I definitely travel in the wrong circles:smile:.....I do have an S and a fraction (exponential fraction:biggrin:)of the Mountaineer's friends share total....but still happy with my car and stock purchase. I believe in this movement and this company so I am slowly accumulating more shares. Hoping the stock I hold will pay for an X and if really lucky, a GenIII for my daughter.

Bought a few in the low 30s, sold them in the mid 30s. Bought back and then some a few weeks later and held on to most of them this time. I'm looking now for an entry point to pick up some more.

What would that be? I have some $ that I'd like to use on TSLA. I was just looking around when it was $100 (a couple weeks ago?), now it's $120. I'm thinking I'll go in when it goes down to $100? What's your buy-in point? Thanks,

Hundreds of thousands of shares?! I feel like a peasant.

Back in March, I only had enough cash for a BMW. Then I read about the Model S and wanted that instead, but don't believe in financing cars. I was a bit saddened I couldn't afford to get the Model S, not to mention also feeling stupid enough to consider a 100K car. So I took the car money and bought 2000 TSLA@36 hoping next year I'd be able to buy one.

Back then, friends/family back then thought I was out of my mind: What the heck is a Tesla? A car more than 4X the highest you've ever paid for in a car?! Investing in a company with a government loan that loses money every year and destined for the Solyndra/Fisker scrap heap? Are you crazy? What the hell are you thinking?!

It's been a little over 4 months/540 degrees later.... When will you buy the car?! Can I have a test drive when you get one? Wow, you got lucky!

Still planning on getting a Model S, but probably next year.

No regrets. I don't have the Tesla grin yet, but I do have the TSLA grin :biggrin:

I have a number of people at work who have, at various times just after TSLA took a nice bump up, said to me "Gee, I should have bought some!". I always answer "It's not too late..." I remember saying that at around $50, $80, $92, $105 (not much more than a week ago).

I have a number of people at work who have, at various times just after TSLA took a nice bump up, said to me "Gee, I should have bought some!". I always answer "It's not too late..." I remember saying that at around $50, $80, $92, $105 (not much more than a week ago).

I have said the same thing to my brother....even called him Wednesday to get in at the $122-115 level.....no go. Never listened too me when we were younger either ! :smile: I have a Tesla and TSLA grin big enough for the both of us.

I have said the same thing to my brother....even called him Wednesday to get in at the $122-115 level.....no go. Never listened too me when we were younger either ! :smile: I have a Tesla and TSLA grin big enough for the both of us.

lol. I've been trying to get my younger brother to buy TSLA since October. He always wishes he had bought after a pop, but can't make himself buy.

I bought 200 shares at 74, I called the order in instead of buying them online and had to fight with the broker to get him to place the order, he kept on me about how speculative the stock is, first time profit, blah blah blah. Sold out way to early at 92. I should have sold some random junk that's been loitering in my brokerage account and bought more but hindsight and all that, plus my brokerage account has been depleted and the money used to buy up foreclosed houses over the last three years. I will buy the stock again at some point and next time it won't be some two hundred share mini trade.