Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glare from passenger side mirror?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
haven't noticed that, but once or twice, when the sun was at just the precise angle behind me, that I had a brutal glare off of the chrome bezel around the dash display. Just a quirk of the sun angle, but it's flat enough that it was pretty horrible to deal with for a few minutes.

haven't noticed that, but once or twice, when the sun was at just the precise angle behind me, that I had a brutal glare off of the chrome bezel around the dash display. Just a quirk of the sun angle, but it's flat enough that it was pretty horrible to deal with for a few minutes.

I have that almost every day since about May. Can't wait for winter when the sun will be at a different angle when I go home.

Glare off interior chrome trim

At certain sun angles I am finding glare off the interior chrome trim quite annoying. It has interfered with reading the bottom lines of both the steering wheel display and the center console, as well as checking the passenger side-view mirror. I am open to any suggestions that look decent and don't cause negative reactions from passengers. This problem has become a safety concern for me, and so for the moment I have covered the offending trim with dark, easily removable painter's masking tape. It looks quite ugly but it works.

I tinted all my windows to reduce any sun glare or bright headlight issues. It might be illegal, but it makes a world of a difference and I'd rather pay a small fine than risk being blinded by the sun or high beams or high output halogens from modified trucks. I simply find that driving without tint is too dangerous. And that goes for any vehicle.