Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need some help. Within every 30 minutes (or so) I get logged out. How to fix that?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When logging in, make sure you place a check mark inside the checkbox labelled "Remember me?".
I assume that this creates a browser cookie which your browser has to accept and store. Make sure you set up your browser to allow/accept cookies from this site.

If this doesn't help, try a different browser and/or a different computer.

When logging in, make sure you place a check mark inside the checkbox labelled "Remember me?".
I assume that this creates a browser cookie which your browser has to accept and store. Make sure you set up your browser to allow/accept cookies from this site.

If this doesn't help, try a different browser and/or a different computer.

It helped. The problem has been solved. Thanks VolklerP.

I'm having this problem now. Even if I check the box to "Remember Me" it will log me out when I close the browser window. My computer accepts cookies no problem. The funny thing is it never used to do this, and the other computers I use will remember me and won't make me log back in. If anybody has any ideas for me...

I'm having this problem now. Even if I check the box to "Remember Me" it will log me out when I close the browser window. My computer accepts cookies no problem. The funny thing is it never used to do this, and the other computers I use will remember me and won't make me log back in. If anybody has any ideas for me...

Well, I personally do log out again before I close the browser window every time. And that's fine. My problem was that during my log in time the system logged me out while I wanted to stay logged in, as I was posting new messages in several threads.

Mine's been doing this for weeks.

I have to log in every time I want to post. Doesn't matter if I just logged in, if I take more than 5 minutes on my iPad or 10 min on laptop I have to copy my reply, log in, then paste it and post it right away. I also check the remember me box

Are people still having this problem? I've been unable to duplicate it. I did just adjust a few settings that might help.

It only happens to me on one of my computers. It was still happening earlier today on that machine but I'm using a different one tonight. I had a similar thing happen on another site and they had me delete all the cookies associated with the site and then it worked OK. I'm curious what the cookies store for TMC and if it would hurt anything to delete them.

Permitted log in time with no activity can easily be adjusted on the admin side of things. I haven't timed it exactly, but it seems to be set to 15 minutes or so. This is a really short permitted login time with no activity...something usually only seen on banking sites. As a comparison, the Tesla Motors site allows very long login with no activity. I suggest it be increased to at least 1 hour.

Permitted log in time with no activity can easily be adjusted on the admin side of things. I haven't timed it exactly, but it seems to be set to 15 minutes or so. This is a really short permitted login time with no activity...something usually only seen on banking sites. As a comparison, the Tesla Motors site allows very long login with no activity. I suggest it be increased to at least 1 hour.
It's set for 30 minutes (as mentioned in the thread title), which has always seemed reasonable to me. If you want to stay logged in ad infinitum, clicking the "Remember Me" works.