Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture request: Any Model S with a nice wheels/rims set up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks. Anyone here has a nice set of wheels installed in your MS? If so, can you please post some pictures? I've been looking in the forums and only saw a couple. Here's a sample:

RSL_outer_1207_RRbm2.png
8598150139_ea5d6a927c_b.jpg

Would love to see how it looks on a MS. We also need a picture-only thread.

Hi Folks. Anyone here has a nice set of wheels installed in your MS? If so, can you please post some pictures? I've been looking in the forums and only saw a couple. Here's a sample:

x x

Would love to see how it looks on a MS. We also need a picture-only thread.

TS112 in Matte Black 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear.
www.SupercarFocus.com5.jpg

TS117 in Matte Grey 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear
www.SupercarFocus.com16.jpg

20% lighter than factory 21".

Thanks folks for the pictures! Exactly what I'm looking for. That black on black MS looks soooooo sinister. love how it's tastefully done (black window trims and all). it needs a proper photoshoot!

the green calipers looks sick! it really pops esp when you have dark/black rims!

have you guys seen a MS with concave wheels? I want to see how it would like on a MS. Saw this wheels in a Honda Accord. l bet it would look really sweet in a MS. (if it fits)

photo 1.PNG
photo 2.PNG

TS112 in Matte Black 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear.
View attachment 25117

TS117 in Matte Grey 2190 2195. Monoblock forged. 31lbs front / 30lbs rear
View attachment 25118

20% lighter than factory 21".

I have a white S, and have been thinking for a while now on whether or not to purchase aftermarket rims.

I've finally decided I should but am afraid of making a mistake and letting so much money go to waste. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you feel about these on my S. I'll be sure to post pictures once i've bought some wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=401280742B&wheelMake=Platinum&wheelModel=Marathon&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=20&filterBrand=Platinum&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

- - - Updated - - -

I have a white S, and have been thinking for a while now on whether or not to purchase aftermarket rims.

I've finally decided I should but am afraid of making a mistake and letting so much money go to waste. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me what you feel about these on my S. I'll be sure to post pictures once i've bought some wheels.

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=401280742B&wheelMake=Platinum&wheelModel=Marathon&wheelFinish=Black+Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Tesla&autoModel=Model+S&autoYear=2013&autoModClar=&filterFinish=All&filterSize=20&filterBrand=Platinum&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

@ mnx: you have a very nice set up. i'm liking your summer set up as well. any other mods you're planning to do with your MS? 100% agree with you going with 19". 21" is overkill IMHO and just one pothole alone, it's over.

@ modelsmagic: I think this rims will look nice in your white MS. you can't go wrong with white on black combo. just replace the center cap with the Teslas. Looks way better. :smile:

While 20/21/22" look better, I went with 19" to be lightweight and for other practicality reasons...

19x8.5" Enkei Raijin's for winter:
http://www.mnx.ca/zenphoto/albums/tesla-week-2013/tesla-photoshoot-061.jpg

19x8.5 Forgestar c5fv for summer:

on vacation and don't have a pic on my laptop... will add one within a week.

I've done tint already and I've thought about de-chroming the car as some others have done on here.

There was a post about someone making lighter rotors, I think that'd be neat although I probably won't go through with it. Also someone posted about a LiFEPO4 battery, that mod interests me as well.

FWIW, I agree that those wheels look nice modelsmagic.

@ mnx: you have a very nice set up. i'm liking your summer set up as well. any other mods you're planning to do with your MS? 100% agree with you going with 19". 21" is overkill IMHO and just one pothole alone, it's over.

@ modelsmagic: I think this rims will look nice in your white MS. you can't go wrong with white on black combo. just replace the center cap with the Teslas. Looks way better. :smile:

@John: nice set up. 21"? it looks 22s. also did you get your tailight smoked?

I saw this clip from Vossen with concave rims. very nice. I'm not sure if it's wrap or customized pain. check it out.

The Vossen wheels are beautiful on this blue car. This is a wrap by a company in South Florida called Signature Custom Wraps. They're working on my car right now and can't wait to get her back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my wrapped Anthracite 3m, tinted rear crystaline 40, sides 70, with tirerack custom grey painted 20" Motegi MR126
image.jpg
image.jpg
wheels. I would say to try and find wider rear rims. Mine are 8.5" all around. I'm eating tires and would like more traction. I have Michelin super sports 255/40/20. Close to half life with 4500 miles on them.