Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faster charging near University of Oregon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know of a place that offers better than the typical Blink 30 amp charging near the soccer fields at the university of Oregon? I've looked through plugshare.com and the best I can find are the typical level 2 chargers. Trying to drive from Camas, Wa to Eugene, Or, and then leave later that same day for Lincoln City, Or on the coast. I don't think I'll be able to pull that off with our Model S 85kwh. Thanks for any possible leads.

Yeah, you're definitely going to want a charge somewhere for that trip; although if weather stays good and there's no winds you might not need much. Too bad we don't have a schedule for the Woodburn Supercharger.

The Sequential Biofuels station just South of Eugene (86714 McVay Highway) has a 70 HPC, but that has a Roadster connector so you'd need an HPC adapter to be able to use it. (I assume you have twin chargers). You might also be in competition for use with some of the BC to BC members, although I would think most of them are past there by now.

The only other "high-speed" options are in Portland - HPCs at the Washington Square Tesla store (they also have an HPWC and a 14-50), Hotel Modera, and the WTC parking garage.

A 14-50 at a campground would be a little faster than a 30A J1772, though perhaps at a less convenient location.

Thanks Chad. I have twin chargers but no adapter. I may just have to use a standard L2 charger and leave it on for a few hours before heading to the coast. Adding another 60 miles of range should probably do the trick.

I'm in Eugene and have an adaptor. Let me know via PM when you want to use it and I'll bring it down for you. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that you could just leave it with the sequential people when you're done so I can pick it up afterwards. Unless he's moved on to other things, I went to high school with the guy who manages the place.

Great offer Lyon, thanks - I'm glad you have an HPC adapter.

I love stopping at Sequential Biofuels (even though I wasn't very excited about the idea of a gas station when I first talked to them!). They were great to work with when I gave them the HPC, and they got it installed quickly. On my last trip I had enough charge to skip it going one direction, but I stopped in anyway.

I stopped in there this morning just to make sure that the charger and adaptor were in working order. It worked like a dream and the guys inside were quite interested to see a Model S.
image.jpg