Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brabus riced-up Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Tesla Roadster: BRABUS Creates First Tuner Tesla Roadster, Mates Star Trek Sound Effects To Electric Car

BRABUS begins business of tuning the Tesla Roadster - Autoblog

At least the seats are kinda cool. Everything else... meh.

thumb800x800_3027654530_94fe3c54fa_o.jpg

thumb800x800_3026820611_43d1babd93_o.jpg
thumb800x800_3026815701_026bc9f677_o.jpg

Last edited:
This seems a new direction for Brabus...

I like the different wheels... but not much else. I am glad more choices are coming available though.

How did they get one so soon? Many original sig100 customers are still waiting or just got their cars.

Good question. Maybe it isn't real. Since they are not planning on engine tuning, having a real Roadster might not be necessary to do their cosmetic changes. Perhaps they merely ordered Roadster body panels on an Elise or something.

There certainly is marketing value, so I can see Tesla loaning a car for this purpose. Some customers seem greatly interested in customization (e.g. will.i.am). I don't particularly care for silly lights that add a drain on the battery and the extra spoiler that adds drag. However, there are a few ideas there that might be worthwhile.

Up until now, I had assumed Brabus was doing this all on their own (like their versions of Mercedes - which is entirely separate from Daimler as far as I know). So you would buy a custom Roadster directly from Brabus, or you take your existing Roadster and have them modify it.

But this article, sounds like this is a customization program partnership with Tesla. Perhaps this is how Tesla plans to offer different interiors and other options upon initial delivery

Brabus Tesla Roadster

The first tuned electric car comes from Brabus: The first project of the future cooperation between Tesla Motors, Inc. and the new Brabus business division Zero Emission celebrates its world debut at the 2008 Essen Motor Show. Brabus (Brabus-Allee, D-46240 Bottrop, phone + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777-0, fax + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777 111, Internet BRABUS) presents an exclusive customization program for the Tesla Roadster, the world's first electrically powered production sports car.

This would explain how Brabus got their hands on a Roadster. It is Tesla's Roadster given to them specifically for this partnership program.