Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida HPWC Wire Hanger Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume that most people's garages in Florida are like mine, and not drywall but CB. The screws and installation materials that come with the wire hanger will not work at all in this situation.
You'll probably have to drill holes and use concrete anchors. I've had to do that for a number of mounting jobs at our home which is also block. (hose bibs, etc.)

Also note that there has been some concern online that the tabs could lock the unit in place - but are not accessible once installed. If tesla has not modified the design, this requires you to have access to the back side of the device to remove once installed... which is not possible on CB.
Solution, if this is still an issue, is to file down the tabs. Gravity will hold it in place sufficiently.

Also note that there has been some concern online that the tabs could lock the unit in place - but are not accessible once installed. If tesla has not modified the design, this requires you to have access to the back side of the device to remove once installed... which is not possible on CB.
Solution, if this is still an issue, is to file down the tabs. Gravity will hold it in place sufficiently.

Thanks. I already removed the tabs, but then realized the screw problem...