Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RHD Roadsters from UK for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Posted this in UK sub-section earlier just thought it maybe should have gone directly to here, just interesting to see Roadsters for sale elsewhere and their current values.

Just thought I would add some links to UK RHD Roadsters for sale at the moment. 3 from James Edition and 3 from Supervettura. I don't work for these guys at all just posting for any UK possible purchasers?

I am stuck between wanting one, affording one, and the Model S. Our pricing seems to be quite a bit higher than US versions available but we have less inventory overall to choose from. Perhaps once the Model S lands UK side (in about 2015 at this rate) we will have more on the market as part exchanges.

We have no CPO here, James Edition seems to be it.

Also it is a shame it feels the UK is getting left behind here somewhat considering both the Roadster and the new Detroit Electric are based on Lotus platforms and Tesla used UK engineering at that early stage (am I correct here?), still.

There is one LHD model here for £64,995 (about $96,000) thats the cheapest one.

Best
Dan43

JamesEdition.com - Dealer: Tesla Motors Ltd

Tesla Roadster Black
Tesla Roadster Left Hand Drive

Tesla Roadster Blue

Absolutely correct about the Lotus connection, Dan. This is also a double edged sword in the UK tho' ...
Check out how the ACE handling Lotus evora's values have tanked here ... where the home press have sown tiny doubts about build quality and finish compared to rival Porsche.

The White 'carboned up' Roadster that was recently sold (£55-58K apparently) must have given Supervettura confidence (or maybe overconfidence ? ) to take on 3 more.
However, speaking to them, they are already thinking of dropping the current eye-watering prices... or rather "price indications - open to offers"
(The prices are even more so eyewatering, when the 3 yr Warrantee pack is another £12k / $18K extra from Tesla).

I think Tesla Uk are holding their hand close at the moment .. it will be interesting to see what happens when the Model S (debuts this w/e) arrives.
How will this effect Roadster prices ?? ... especially if they have a CPO scheme like in the US with 3yr/36,000 car AND battery warranty pack included.
Which amounts to a £12k instant discount compared to other roadster sellers.

Apologies to existing owners who may be speculating that the Roadster might become an 'instant classic' and even increase in value - it might, one day.
This is obviously written from a wannabees POV, and probably not what you want to hear .... only time will tell where prices will eventually settle.

IMHO Tesla (UK at least) have not supported loyal roadster owners with enough (any) reassurance about battery life, PEM's and their actual replacement costs. Which means
doublt (even unfounded) about having to pick up a $40K bill still undermines potential values. The roadster market could, at worse, become like a game of musical chairs,
... where cars change hands when the music is playing and when it stops some unlucky person finds no chair ! (or in this case a Battery, PEM or other unforseen Bill :wink:)

Still looking tho'
Mark

Not sure Tesla UK are holding anything close to their chest, too busy. Once the Model S lands here things will sharpen but it does seem/feel we are back of the queue, even though the ole' UK contributed to the R&D.

Still we plough on.

Wonder if we could target Supervettura and double up on a purchase to get the price down?

My gut says there is no Roadster market really, and anyone who has the funds is waiting for the Model S which for the UK is late April 2014 at best, Model X for UK is August 2015 at best.

Shame as we kind of get this stuff but have no ability to join in and show it at our level.

Cheers
Dan43 UK

I am looking at an early UK electric vehicle called Lightning, it looks good, anyone want the link?

Absolutely correct about the Lotus connection, Dan. This is also a double edged sword in the UK tho' ...
Check out how the ACE handling Lotus evora's values have tanked here ... where the home press have sown tiny doubts about build quality and finish compared to rival Porsche.

The White 'carboned up' Roadster that was recently sold (£55-58K apparently) must have given Supervettura confidence (or maybe overconfidence ? ) to take on 3 more.
However, speaking to them, they are already thinking of dropping the current eye-watering prices... or rather "price indications - open to offers"
(The prices are even more so eyewatering, when the 3 yr Warrantee pack is another £12k / $18K extra from Tesla).

I think Tesla Uk are holding their hand close at the moment .. it will be interesting to see what happens when the Model S (debuts this w/e) arrives.
How will this effect Roadster prices ?? ... especially if they have a CPO scheme like in the US with 3yr/36,000 car AND battery warranty pack included.
Which amounts to a £12k instant discount compared to other roadster sellers.

Apologies to existing owners who may be speculating that the Roadster might become an 'instant classic' and even increase in value - it might, one day.
This is obviously written from a wannabees POV, and probably not what you want to hear .... only time will tell where prices will eventually settle.

IMHO Tesla (UK at least) have not supported loyal roadster owners with enough (any) reassurance about battery life, PEM's and their actual replacement costs. Which means
doublt (even unfounded) about having to pick up a $40K bill still undermines potential values. The roadster market could, at worse, become like a game of musical chairs,
... where cars change hands when the music is playing and when it stops some unlucky person finds no chair ! (or in this case a Battery, PEM or other unforseen Bill :wink:)

Still looking tho'
Mark

I think the white one you are referring to was the car i purchased. I absolutely love the car. It turns heads like nothing else ive owned and i traded out of a Nissan GTR R35 to the roadster. I have no complaints about the car and feel i purchased what could quite possibly be the cheapest and one of the best roadsters in the UK. I have somehow put over £5000 miles extra on the car in 2 months ive been so impressed with it. When charging it at the services i get crowds of people around the car in seconds because people are fascinated by it. I think its the best kept secret of modern cars as its great to drive. Many cars are fast and dull to drive. The GTR was very physical to drive as it was so heavy but it never made me smile on the road where the roadster can make me smile at just 20mph and on a country road i haven't driven anything that is as satisfying behind the wheel, And ive driven almost everything.

I think the white one you are referring to was the car i purchased. I absolutely love the car. It turns heads like nothing else ive owned and i traded out of a Nissan GTR R35 to the roadster. I have no complaints about the car and feel i purchased what could quite possibly be the cheapest and one of the best roadsters in the UK. I have somehow put over £5000 miles extra on the car in 2 months ive been so impressed with it. When charging it at the services i get crowds of people around the car in seconds because people are fascinated by it. I think its the best kept secret of modern cars as its great to drive. Many cars are fast and dull to drive. The GTR was very physical to drive as it was so heavy but it never made me smile on the road where the roadster can make me smile at just 20mph and on a country road i haven't driven anything that is as satisfying behind the wheel, And ive driven almost everything.

Nope Mark,
If you check the date I wrote that - a year ago :) ... it was a white LHD I was tempted on... it went to a guy in west london
I got another white sport earlier this year, .. and, like you, loving it :)

The points about Tesla support still hold tho' - the 400 mile battery announcement probably helped (although cynics may ask when? and how much ? ).

did you get the car and battery warrantees ??
Mark

Hi all, I'm new to this site and would like to share that I know of green Tesla Roadster EU Signature Sport 250 Edition 290BHP 2010 (10) for sale. Its up for £49,950.00 from Liberty Leasing on AutoTrader. I don't work for them it just looks like a nice car if anyone was interested. Thanks :smile: