Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Politics - Quarantine Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what happens when war of the classes is promoted by your mainstream media and others ("fair share" comes to mind) .......

Rather than someone congratulating you on your purchase and success ... you are demonized for being rich (even if you're not).

Not like the old days when you see a rich guy and aspire to reach that level ... now it's entitled and if not, it's the rich guy's fault.

So with the current environment, I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

She then stops in her tracks and turns to me and says "you should give more to charity and spend less money on flashy cars like that thing!" /.../ with considerable venom.

Yet why do I get the feeling that the woman in question most likely would be vehemently against universal health care… So much for your fellow American… Oh, well…

Last edited:
Reactions: LJG0053
What confuses me about people is on one hand they worship celebrities and their excessive lifestyles (shows like "Keeping up with the Kardashians", and for the old timers "lifestyles of the rich and famous", and basically any rap video), but on the other hand they react so judgmentally when they see anyone else with something nice like a Model S. I wonder how that woman would react if she saw Justin Bieber climb out of his chrome Karma.

Proof hypocrisy is alive and well.

No different than the celeb who does public service announcements for green this and green that .... and then drives to his/her 20,000 sq ft house in a Hummer!

Yet why do I get the feeling that the woman in question most likely would be vehemently against universal health care…

I am vehemently against whats being forced down our throats here in the USA. Can't speak for Sweden, nor do I care to.

.../No different than the celeb who does public service announcements for green this and green that .... and then drives to his/her 20,000 sq ft house in a Hummer!

I completely agree! :smile:

I am vehemently against whats being forced down our throats here in the USA.

I know the feeling. Just like you I’m also currently in the minority in the democracy I live in.

Can't speak for Sweden, nor do I care to.

That’s the thing you see. I care.

One example:

A mother who lost her legs and a daughter who was critically injured in the April 15 Boston marathon attack had only been at the race’s finish line for 10 minutes -- 20 minutes, tops -- when the bombs went off.

[…]

The family, which includes Tyler Corcoran, 20, is still sorting out what comes next. They have health insurance, but it’s not yet clear whether it will cover all of the medical expenses that loom ahead [My underline.].

Source:

: Mother-daughter bombing victims look ahead - TODAY.com

And here’s another from the TMC/General forum/Off Topic-section:

A close friend got breast cancer

Reactions: neroden
interesting. what do you mean by "current environment"?

the heat wave in the southwest?
the litigious nature of our society?
the Republican-controlled House of Representatives?

The president who recites "fair share" yet heads to Africa at $60,000,000+++ but closes the White House due to budget cuts.
The Congress who voted for health care reform and then says it should not apply to them or their staff.
To the rich guy who says he shouldn't be paying less in taxes than his secretary but has an army of lawyers and accountants on staff to make sure he only pays the minimum ..
The jobs council that employs the greatest outsourcer of US jobs...
To the media that promotes all the BS above to those who's greatest desire is to live off the rest of us.

Should I continue?

Reactions: neroden
The president who recites "fair share" yet heads to Africa at $60,000,000+++ but closes the White House due to budget cuts.
The Congress who voted for health care reform and then says it should not apply to them or their staff.
To the rich guy who says he shouldn't be paying less in taxes than his secretary but has an army of lawyers and accountants on staff to make sure he only pays the minimum ..
The jobs council that employs the greatest outsourcer of US jobs...
To the media that promotes all the BS above to those who's greatest desire is to live off the rest of us.

Should I continue?

LOL!!!

no, Cleatus, that's enough. giterdun!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note: Politics really doesn't work on an EV forum, so we created this thread for quarantining those discussions without judgement on who's right or wrong.

If anyone feels they really need to discuss this type of stuff, you can always take it off-line.

Yep, you think this White House that had over 200 lobbyists visit over 344 times from March to May 2013 (that is a fact on record), is really going to care about this petition? No.

These lobby visits are documented --not made up numbers:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/exogr...x News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed

I wish they would, but their hands are in the lobbyist pockets as well--it's a fact.

And my favorite quote (which is obviously not true anymore):
Obama:: “I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists—and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”

These are their words and visitor logs to the WH, don't get mad at me.

Last edited:
Yep, you think this White House that had over 200 lobbyists visit over 344 times from March to May 2013 (that is a fact on record), is really going to care about this petition? No.

These lobby visits are documented --not made up numbers:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/exogr...x News&utm_source=foxnews.com&utm_medium=feed

I wish they would, but their hands are in the lobbyist pockets as well--it's a fact.

And my favorite quote (which is obviously not true anymore):
Obama:: “I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists—and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”

These are their words and visitor logs to the WH, don't get mad at me.

That's complete nonsense, and I know what I'm talking about. Yes, lobbyists visit the WH, Senate, Congress etc AS THEY ALWAYS HAVE, but no they do not shape this President's opinion (sometimes I wish they did but they tend not to).

You say "don't get mad at me" after throwing out a few facts implying that because one is true, your conclusion the the White House is corrupt is also true. That is an insult to the many many hard working people who put their lives on the line to go to work in that building every day, including friends of mine.

Governing is very complicated. For EVERY issue that you think you have sound policy on, there is always a side to tell you that you are wrong and instead of aligning with policy based facts, they simply point at the lobbyist who happened to support whatever you did as proof you sold out... conveniently forgetting that you were probably lobbied FROM ALL SIDES.

Tesla EXISTS IN ITS CURRENT FORM because of Obama (Remember the "stimulus" everyone was so pissed about when Obama did it instead of a Republican?), and that pisses off labor so he can't win either way. The auto industry push to green cars didn't happen kinetically, IT WAS A MANDATE IN THE AUTO BAILOUT (that the GOP OPPOSED lock stock and barrel... not 1 vote).

Taking pot-shots from people who don't know what on Gods green acres they're talking about is part of the political game, but as an "insider" I can tell you it's getting old. Of course, it's easier to do then actually writing letters to your own representatives and campaigning for candidates who believe what you do.

Want to get fair treatment for Tesla? Let's organize a "drive on Washington" and bring attention to the issue and quit taking dopey pot shots at the one President who has done more for green technology then all others combined.

(It's late, and I'm cranky... I step off my soap box):tongue:

but no they do not shape this President's opinion (sometimes I wish they did but they tend not to).

You say "don't get mad at me" after throwing out a few facts implying that because one is true, your conclusion the the White House is corrupt is also true. That is an insult to the many many hard working people who put their lives on the line to go to work in that building every day, including friends of mine.

Governing is very complicated. For EVERY issue that you think you have sound policy on, there is always a side to tell you that you are wrong and instead of aligning with policy based facts, they simply point at the lobbyist who happened to support whatever you did as proof you sold out... conveniently forgetting that you were probably lobbied FROM ALL SIDES.

Tesla EXISTS IN ITS CURRENT FORM because of Obama (Remember the "stimulus" everyone was so pissed about when Obama did it instead of a Republican?), and that pisses off labor so he can't win either way. The auto industry push to green cars didn't happen kinetically, IT WAS A MANDATE IN THE AUTO BAILOUT (that the GOP OPPOSED lock stock and barrel... not 1 vote).

Taking pot-shots from people who don't know what on Gods green acres they're talking about is part of the political game, but as an "insider" I can tell you it's getting old. Of course, it's easier to do then actually writing letters to your own representatives and campaigning for candidates who believe what you do.

Want to get fair treatment for Tesla? Let's organize a "drive on Washington" and bring attention to the issue and quit taking dopey pot shots at the one President who has done more for green technology then all others combined.

(It's late, and I'm cranky... I step off my soap box):tongue:

Oh stop it--cranky is right. No one said anything about corrupt--where does it directly say anything about that?

And yes, lobbyist aren't visiting the White House to see how the roses are in the garden--we are all not that naive.

That's wonderful you have friends there--please tell them to help with this dealer situation (and please end sequestration and put a budget in place).

But to imply anything but what I stated (number of lobbyist visits in a certain time frame, and a quote directly from the person in charge) is simply you trying to twist just facts.

Sometimes it hurts to hear the truth, but recorded visits and direct quotes don't lie.

Have a blessed day and let's hope dealer issues gets resolved at a very minimum at the State level. No need to argue or each make points as it will not go anywhere. Let's just stick to the topic of the thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
That's wonderful you have friends there--please tell them to help with this dealer situation (and please end sequestration and put a budget in place).

You do understand that the President isn't a dictator right? The President can't make a party who filibusters EVERY piece of legislation, and votes to repeal his signature legislation 40 times, do their job.

As for the dealer issue, that is a STATE issue... Ironic that it is REPUBLICAN states that are fighting the free market. Perhaps someone should hop off this board for 5 minutes and write some letters to their legislators. After you are done with that, have your family do it, then your friends, then your neighbors... THAT is how change happens. Not just passing the buck to the man who Constitutionally has no power to fix it.

Surest way to get the GOP to try and kill Tesla would be for Obama to come out and support them. It's just who those people have become, and it's a disgrace.

You do understand that the President isn't a dictator right?

, and it's a disgrace.

You may want to remind him of that. And yes, it is quite a disgrace what is going on up there.
-------

Hey Jimmy the good news is many of my GOP friends are buying an S as well. Even a few of my liberal friends are buying.

Back to MUCH more important things--Tesla talk....thanks Ducky, I'm awaiting my p85+ early next week. Should be fun. :biggrin:

Last edited:
(mod note: several posts starting with this one were moved here from GM Chevy Volt)

Don’t remember seeing this video on TMC…

So at least one host on Fox News used to actually be in favor of electric cars. And specifically the Chevy Volt! (…ok, electric cars and “flex fuel” vehicles. And he was in favor at least for a period from 11/19/08).

Who?

Bill O’Reilly*.

Though maybe that could have been due to being on the GM payroll (as he himself points out in this clip). They apparently paid for something on his radio show…

But for some reason that tune changed on 1/6/12.

If you’re interested – fast forward to 2:20 and – enjoy!

Original source: O'Reilly's Alternative Fuel Flip | Blog | Media Matters for America

Last edited by a moderator:
About Us | Media Matters for America
Media Matters for America is a
Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.
Difficult for me to take anything seriously with their expressed mission stated as such.

If this was their mission, then maybe they'd be worth listening to:
Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting misinformation in the U.S. media.

Difficult for me to take anything seriously with their expressed mission stated as such.

If this was their mission, then maybe they'd be worth listening to:

Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting misinformation in the U.S. media.

Is there anything in the media that could be considered to be 100% objective?

I guess it could be the O’Reilly Factor that’s got it right about the Volt. Or it could be more complicated than that. But of course… You decide.

- - - Updated - - -

And there seems to be plenty of money on the other side of the political spectrum. If one doesn’t already exist, then I’m all for setting up an organization that covers anything that Media Matters doesn’t cover. And that way we would get even more jobs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.