Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40K Owners, are you upgrading?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I originally ordered a 40 when I put down my deposit in November, but when they discontinued theactual 40 for the sofware limited 60, I did upgrade. Mostly because it would be $1500 cheaper to upgrade now rather than doing it anytime after delivery, so I guess they got me. But what I figured was since I was getting such a low interest loan (1.25% over 5 years) it would be better to pay this extra $12k over time rather than upgrading later (which I would probably do eventually, once the superchargers were more prevalent). I have been very happy with the range of the 60, and though I only got to use a supercharger twice it is nice having the flexibility for long distance travel

Nope. 40 KWh is just fine for my daily driving and weekend errands. With the announcement of the battery swapping I can see the day when I will drop my 40 off at the first swap, pick up an 85 or two along the road trip, and pick up my 40 on the way home. Perfect!