Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electric Campagna T-Rex = Silence!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The three-wheeled T-Rex has been around for a while, with performance that humbles even hard-core lightweight sports cars. Because it has only three wheels, no doors, no airbags or crash structure (legally it's considered a motorcycle), the weight is very low and the acceleration, braking and cornering performance are fantastic.

I've been aware of this video for some time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv4ghO8mLEA

Until now I was unaware of any plans to commercialize it; I had assumed it merely somebody's homebrew conversion of a T-Rex. Now the real story comes out:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/0...ed-all-electric-speed-machine-it-s-yours-for/

If you've been hankering for a Wrightspeed X1, this would look to me like an even more attractive option. Available "sometime later this spring" for only about $42,000, it should not only be much cheaper than the X1, and available much sooner, but probably will outperform it too.

Pretty pricey...I hope they can compete. Certainly not for the typical person trying to break into the EV world by replacing their car. This is a toy; a fun one for sure.

DDB said:
Pretty pricey...I hope they can compete. Certainly not for the typical person trying to break into the EV world by replacing their car. This is a toy; a fun one for sure.

I'm reminded of a story I heard about two cowboys who stopped to drink at a stock pond (or "tank" as we cowboys call them). As the horses began to drink, they stirred up a bunch of mud. One cowboy walked around the water's edge until he got away from the mud and scooped up some clean water to drink. But then he glanced across at his buddy, who was kneeled down right between the two horses drinking the muddy water. So called over and said, "Hey, howcome are you drinking that muddy water? Why don't you come around here where it's clean?" Then the other feller said, "It don't matter none, I aim to drink it all anyhow!"

That's how I see cars. It doesn't matter if the first ones to go electric are cheap "people movers" or if they start out with pricey exotic sports cars or track cars. They'll all be going electric. :)

Also, I think the Silence will actually cost less than a gasoline-powered T-Rex. They've always been pricey.